Archinect
anchor

Intern Hours

auninja91

Do you have to have a masters in Ontario before you can start a log of hours if you're an intern?

Pretty sure in the US, AIA don't require this...

Jul 5, 17 11:17 am
Non Sequitur

Yes.

In canada, you can only log hours after the completion of an accredited degree. This is a fairly recentish (last 5years) change.

Jul 5, 17 11:33 am  · 
 · 
auninja91

wow, I think the change makes it hard to get work experience before completing school....especially if you wanted to work between a bachelors and masters program to get some money..seems like It will take way longer to get licensed in Canada vs America.

Jul 5, 17 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

It actually takes much less time to get a license in Canada than the USA with the 4 ExACs and reduced Intern period. The only cost is the elimination of backlogging hours pre-professional degree (aka M.Arch). Plenty of folks take time off between degrees and find gainful employment and you should not be in a different position If you know how to assemble a decent set of construction docs. Have you verified your existing undergrad against the accredited US degrees listed on the CACB website?

Jul 5, 17 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
auninja91

okay well that's good news...yes I checked the american school is accredited I completed the 4 yr BscArch undergrad portion so I would need to do an M.arch here in Canada to make it a professional degree.

Jul 5, 17 4:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: