Archinect
anchor

How much are entry level architects/designers getting paid in Los Angeles?

remedios521

Just moved to Los Angeles, and in the process of job applications (how long does it take to get hired? I've been applying for less than a month). 

I had one interview but we haven't discussed money. I moved from Minneapolis where the average for entry level designers/architects is $46,000. Is it the same here? Trying to see how much I should ask. It's my fist job after grad school. 

Jun 30, 17 1:59 pm
Archinect

Check Archinect's Salary Poll

Jun 30, 17 2:44 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

900k, full insurance, company car, helicopter - accept nothing less.  

Jun 30, 17 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

Even though the market is good, it still takes a while at most places, the process is time consuming, particularly for jr people. Are you getting interviews yet? 

Depends on the firm and it's size/type. You could get 50k if you seem like a strong candidate. more or less depending on the firm. There are a lot of really out-there boutique firms in LA that will pay you a lot less, and some specialty ones that are likely to pay you more if you fit their requirements. 

Jul 1, 17 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
archinine
In addition to archinect poll check Glassdoor and pay scale which will have more regional data.
Jul 1, 17 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
justavisual

Was 45k ten yrs ago...adjust for inflation it better be like 50k.

Jul 4, 17 2:41 am  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

<50k, and you better work 60 hours a week if you touch 50k. LA firms suck ass.

Jul 4, 17 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

This is absurd. I went to the salary poll and looked up the ball-park average mid-career salaries of Harvard, Yale, and Princeton grads. I know a retired civil engineer who went to a state university pulling down a lot more money.

Jul 5, 17 7:26 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Not sure why so many folks scream for such high salaries by default of their arts degree. It's ridiculous.

Want more than $45k? How about you bring something else than bad school renderings and entitled attitudes to the game?
Jul 5, 17 7:34 am  · 
 · 
archinine
Yes non sequitur, how dare people desire a slightly less but still sub living wage and naively believe their degree trained them for the profession of the same name. The gall. Bootstraps!!!!
Jul 5, 17 8:32 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

you did'nt train for 90k starting salaries.

Jul 5, 17 8:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: