Archinect
anchor

big file in photoshop

I finished a few days ago fulfilment of the order according to the big file in Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.1.0. Only today I have decided to check all details, I have opened the file and the Photoshop and it has given an error message - The document Hont49.psd could not be opened. The order must be handed over in a week, how to restore corrupted psd?

Jun 7, 17 3:19 pm
Non Sequitur

Have you tried waving your arms around?

Jun 7, 17 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
Mr2G
Have you tried contacting Adobe?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/get-started-a.html?promoid=VTC5K7XK&mv=other%20

I'd give them a call and ignore the male privilege above. ;) Good luck Karen Brewster.
Jun 7, 17 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Male privilege? Please, what nonsense.
Jun 8, 17 5:38 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Karen, there is a male privilage feature in photoshop that retrieves files?  Just go to adjustments<Hue and color<click on white people<then simply choose male privilege file retrieval.  Easy. 

Jun 8, 17 10:58 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Ive always found the cntr/alt/delete function sexist as well.  I mean, how could a female possibly use that function.  you need your  left hand to press control, your right to press alt, and your penis to press delete.  Thats how I do it anyway...

Jun 8, 17 11:45 am  · 
 · 

I usually just bang my head on the keyboard.

Jun 8, 17 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
Mr2G

Studies say if you have a women doctor you'll live longer. It's intesing how two grown men can make fun of someone, a women in this case,  in trouble and all other men come to the men's defense. I obviously didn't say all men but the fact that you included yourself in that mix is very interesting. My husband supports me 100% and sees what I go through on a day to day basin in this field. Not one of you thought it was wrong for then to make fun of her. Truth is if a women screws up in the workplace it's a hell of a lot harder for her than it is a man. I've seen it over and over again and if you don't think so sit down and talk to some of your female coworkers, if your not in a position of authority, and really talk to them. I haven't met one that doesn't agree with me. 

Jun 8, 17 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

it must be your first day on the internet... if you paid any attention to these boards you'll quickly notice that every fool, regardless of penis ownership, gets the same treatment.\

Jun 8, 17 3:18 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

There is a ton of sexism and privilege throughout the AEC industry (and even an alarming amount on this website) but this thread is not an example of it. Dumb questions get dumb answers, and because Archinect is a magnet for those of us who need a workday snark outlet, sometimes smart questions get dumb answers.

Jun 8, 17 4:29 pm  · 
 · 

Stop spilling our secrets. That's privileged.

Jun 8, 17 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

How the hell do you inject male privilage into a thread about photoshop errors?   This world has gone mad.   

Jun 8, 17 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Something something something make me a sandwich.
Jun 8, 17 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Mr2G

Oh so being crappy is status quo in your view. Be happy you're not a minority, much less a female, since things would never change under that perspective. Take care. 

Jun 8, 17 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Your husband must be the first ever recorded saint to be able to deal with your nonsense.
Jun 8, 17 4:08 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Photoshop lite is for girls. 

Jun 8, 17 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Trump drove america mad. Thanks obama.

Jun 8, 17 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Jla, so is Ms Paint.
Jun 8, 17 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Lol

Jun 8, 17 4:18 pm  · 
 · 

How big a file? Will it fit in a pickup truck?

Jun 8, 17 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

fulfilment of the order according to the big file

That's some disturbing wording, who is the big file?, what was the order? How was it fulfilled? 

Jun 8, 17 5:32 pm  · 
 · 

My file is very large and fulfilling.

Jun 9, 17 9:28 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

the higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of its behind

Jun 9, 17 10:12 am  · 
 · 

Saint Bonaventure, 1217-1274. That quote is used in the frontispiece of my book.

Jun 9, 17 10:49 am  · 
 · 
AdrianFGA

how to restore corrupted psd?

Some threads here and here, if a hardware issue like a corrupted hd, a thread here. Also, there are specialized shops where they might restore your data, but not for free.

Jun 9, 17 9:08 am  · 
 · 
Sasdl

Hi,Karen

The PSD file format is very complex. It starts with a file header containing the meta information of the whole file, followed by several parts containing the actual data. You can find more detailed information about the PSD file format by searching on Google with the keyword “PSD file format”. If the file header containing the meta information is corrupt, or any follow-up parts are damaged or corrupted, then you will not be able to open the file correctly with Photoshop. In such a case, the first step is to try to use the built-in repair or recovery function in the Photoshop, to see if it can repair or recover the corrupt file. If not, then you need to resort to a third-party psd repair tool software to scan the corrupted file and retrieve all recoverable data for you. It is also possible to find a data recovery expert or company to do the task, but in most of the cases, they will also use a third-party tool to do the recovery for you.

The main difference between using the software by yourself and by a third-party service company is:

(1)    The company is familiar with the data recovery industry so he knows which software is the best one. While you need to search and compare the software online by yourself, which is time-consuming.

(2)    The company purchases the software for multiple usages, while you purchase the software for one-time usage only. So normally the service fee may be cheaper than the license fee for the software.

(3)    DIY will keep your data confidential while do the recovery via a company may cause data breach.

If you want to perform a DIY recovery, then you can use a third-party psd repair tool. Normally the tool provides a free trial so you can try first to see if it works before purchase it.

Hope this will help. Good Luck!

Jun 14, 17 3:53 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

is it a legit copy of photoshop? 

Jun 14, 17 6:02 am  · 
 · 

.PSD files can be opened by another version of Adobe Photoshop. In case you got an error, then try https://www.restoretools.com/photoshoprestore.html

You may learn more at https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/retouching-repairing-images.html

Jun 14, 17 9:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: