Archinect
anchor

Project Review Request

Peripteral Magic

Hi there,

Just put together a small booklet with the contents of a housing competition I entered a few years ago and I would appreciate any suggestions...

https://issuu.com/peadar_mcgrath/docs/demicratere_2

Many thanks!

Jun 2, 17 9:12 pm
Peripteral Magic

Excellent suggestion! Much appreciated...

Cheers

Jun 3, 17 6:20 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Site strategy looks good as does massing... Buildings are pretty bad.

It looks like you started to develop a clear diagram of shear walls at short ends, masonry with punched openings at long ends. I'd clarify that more by differentiating materials more. Also openings in masonry should express that depth (or at least lie about it to conceal the stone veneer) and if you are doing balconies, id suggest loggias instead (that's innies for my fellow Americans)

If it's all about the materials they should play off each other's richness and juxtapose. If not, add some color.

How'd it do in the competition?

Jun 3, 17 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Peripteral Magic

Thanks for the feedback, archanonymous...

The competition was a disaster. Not one of the shortlisted entries addressed the problem of noise which was the main priority according to the brief. So it was very disappointing to see that the jury had decided to value other factors... But that's the nature of competitions, I guess... a bit of a lottery. Still always a good experience in my opinion, you always get something out of it...

Jun 4, 17 6:03 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: