Archinect
anchor

Attention firms with fewer than 10 total staff..

LEDO

I am attempting to learn dynamo on my own to utilize on projects at work.  At first glance it seems overwhelming and geared more towards very large projects.  My questions:  1) Is there value in using dynamo for small projects?   2)  What programs are most valuable as an owner, or employee, of a small firm?

May 8, 17 12:40 pm
Non Sequitur
  1.  Maybe, but probably not. See point no.2 below
  2. The most valuable project in the office's point of view is the one that does not go over budget (and allotted fees) because the staff spent too much time using fancy software unnecessarily.
May 8, 17 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

totally agree

May 8, 17 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I work for production Architecture companies.  I've been in 12 person architecture offices and in 40 person.  I've never seen anyone use Dynamo.  If you are looking at firms that do the sort of design that Dynamo lends itself to, then this may be time well spent.  Otherwise, I'd call it a waste. 

May 8, 17 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
JonathanLivingston

Dynamo is an incredible useful tool for managing the information in Revit. Not just for crazy models. I have used it in the past to do all sorts of things. It can be beneficial to any scale firm or project but the smaller the firm the less resources you will have to figure out how to use it in the first place. But if you can use it effectively you can do more with fewer resources. 

As an example we working on a bit of dynamo code coupled with MSFlow that automatically saves every 3d view created in a Revit model as a jpg and automatically posts them to Instagram. Should be a cool little marketing tool to run. We will see. We recently set a goal of sharing our process more to articulate value, which is how this idea came about. 

May 8, 17 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: