Archinect
anchor

Best job opportunity from: The University of Oregon or Texas Tech University ?

s090l

Hello,

I have been accepted to both of these universities for the Master of Architecture. The university of Oregon, PortlanI campus and Texas Tech University in Lubbock. I am an international student and need some advice. Also, I should mention that my sister studies at TTU, so it would be a great chance living with her and my cost of living would be less, comparing that to Portland.

My interest lies in sustainable design ( UO's program is closer to this) but I also want to choose a city where there are plenty of job opportunities and I have heard that Texas is a developing state and this can be a good point. But Lubbock is not a big city and I am worried there might not be good architecture firms.

I have some questions and I would appreciate it if anyone could help me.

1. Which state has better job opportunities for a Masters student?

2. In U.S, is it important from what university you are graduated? or it depends on your major and your resume' and your portfolio?

Thank you so much for your help.  

Best,

Sogol

May 6, 17 1:58 pm
Non Sequitur

Did you not research the places prior to applying or did you just carpet bomb all schools with applications and these two are the only ones who said yes?

You want better job opportunities? Take the school that won't set you back 1 house's worth in debt and learn to make adult decisions on your own. That'll get you further than the name on your degree.

May 8, 17 8:05 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: