Archinect
anchor

OMA Seattle Public Library - White Ceiling?

jax727

Does anybody know what was used for the white ceiling panels at the Seattle Public Library? It looks they would have acoustic properties, and it's really nice how the quilted effect integrates lighting, sprinklers, etc. I know this might have been something custom, but it would be amazing to know if it's something that comes as a more standard product. 

Apr 5, 17 12:20 pm
Janosh

It's just a fabric wrapped panel...

Apr 5, 17 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
jax727

Thanks for your response. My question is related to whether it's an off-the-shelf product that can be purchased or if it was custom fabricated. I realize it's a fairly standard looking fabric wrapped panel and would be pretty straightforward if we went the fabrication route. I was hoping there would be a more productized option that comes with a warranty, installation method. etc.

Apr 6, 17 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
calebehly

I was told by one of the guys working on the project, that it was super cheap industrial insulation just pinned...... horrible but cheap solution, they have to have a scissor lift and take out a whole panel just to change the light bulb..

Apr 9, 18 10:28 am  · 
 · 
jax727

Whoa... that's crazy and good to know. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

May 5, 18 1:14 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: