Archinect
anchor

Studying for the ARE's, best quotes from Non-arch friends.

archi_dude

During the marathon run that is studying for the ARE's, you need all the support you can get. Do not look to your non-arch friends for this support. I thought I would share some of the best quotes from my friends throughout this process and as you can imagine their reactions.

"How much will your raise be?" 

"Will you get a management position / better position or perks?"

"How many more tests? .....(answer) I think you need to realize your career sucks"

"So what does an Architectural license even do?"

"Two hours of studying a day? I think I studied that much per semester in college" (dude has six figure salary)

"It would be cool if Architects helped with getting permits, you should offer that as a service when your licensed."

"Why do you need a license to search for things on Pinterest?"

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

Mar 3, 17 7:35 pm
Non Sequitur
  1. "How much will your raise be?" 
    1. 22% I believe for me.
  2. "Will you get a management position / better position or perks?"
    1. Yes and no. Management candidates are not determined solely on their ability to pass a few tests.
  3. "How many more tests? .....(answer) I think you need to realize your career sucks"
    1. Get better friends.
  4. "So what does an Architectural license even do?"
    1. Get better friends.
  5. "Two hours of studying a day? I think I studied that much per semester in college" (dude has six figure salary)
    1. Exceptions don't make the rules. Also get better friends
  6. "It would be cool if Architects helped with getting permits, you should offer that as a service when your licensed."
    1. Get better friends
  7. "Why do you need a license to search for things on Pinterest?"
    1. Your friends think you're an interior designer
Mar 3, 17 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
starrchitect

"You mean without a license you are not a real architect? I thought that's what you went to school for?"

Mar 3, 17 9:08 pm  · 
 · 
archi_dude

I would say it's a result of the AIA and education system purely focusing on design excellence as the sole reason for hiring an architect and forgetting to inform the general public of the efficiencies, cost savings and technological knowledge Architects can offer a project as well. Not so much that I need new friends.

Mar 3, 17 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
archi_dude

And trust me, I try my best everyday to spread that knowledge. 

Mar 3, 17 10:01 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

Wait, you have friends that aren't architects?

Mar 3, 17 10:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: