Archinect
anchor

Applying for an internship..Which companies should I choose?

e.georgia

I'm a third year architecture student and I plan to apply for an internship in EUROPE.

Which companies would look good on my cv? I'm thinking of BIG,OMA,SNOHETTA,CEBRA.

Who else would you recommend?

Thanks!

Feb 6, 17 6:29 pm
Non Sequitur
Remember that unpaid internships never look good on cvs regardless of which starchitect office you're fetching coffee for.
Feb 6, 17 8:03 pm  · 
 · 

Do you want to work in Europe? Specifically? GB?

Also get paid or get academic credit or else there will be some people who will question how serious you take your self and this profession.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Feb 7, 17 1:18 am  · 
 · 
archietechie

^ Man, Pete's been killing it with all these advises! If there's anyone I'd trust on this forum it's him.

That said, yes, use the internship experience as a stepping stone to where you want to aim for post-grad.

Feb 7, 17 3:42 am  · 
 · 
randomised

Those companies you mention don't offer unpaid internships, that's actually illegal in the EU, so no worries there. If you want to be stuck foaming models or make renders all the time, go to a big firm that might impress people when reading your cv is my experience. But I know people who had internships at those firms and still work there now, years later managing the projects you see here and on dezeen etc. If you want to develop a wider palet of skills and are more of an independent soul, go to a smaller firm where you'll probably be immersed in more facets of the projects they do. Not every starchitect is the same though, so ask around in your network and your university about how they work and if that suits you, there's no one size fits all internship.

Feb 8, 17 5:53 am  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

all of them, at the sametime, good luck to you.

Feb 9, 17 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

How much wood should a woodchuck chuck to look good?

Feb 9, 17 4:43 pm  · 
 · 

^Enough to create a beautiful minimalist composition without looking overly contrived.

Feb 9, 17 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Iwata

Don't be picky when you apply for internship/job. Nothing has been guaranteed yet. Be picky once you have all the offers.

Mar 8, 17 4:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: