Archinect
anchor

ADA Maneuvering Space, Peter Zellner, Matthew Marks

haruki

Does anyone know how Peter Zellner got away with not having any maneuvering space at the front entry door approach at the Matthew Marks Gallery in Los Angeles?

I was thinking maybe the door isn't equipped with a closer but would that help with the door swinging out toward the approach?

I'd love to do something similar on a current project if I can figure out how to get it through ADA plan check. 

Nov 14, 16 3:30 pm
Non Sequitur

There is a second door to this space which at first glance appears to be ADA compliant.

Nov 14, 16 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Option A:  other door is the main entrance. 

Option B: Automatic opener would work, but wouldn't really fit the aesthetic of the space.  They're pretty big and clunky. And they're not about to have a big button slapped on the side of that building. 

Nov 14, 16 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Is it a front entry? Space is so small that a single exit building could be used. With that said, the other door could be argued is the entry to the building which would comply with the push/pull clearance. The door in question could still be used as an exit, being recessed and not encroaching into a path, but does not necessarily have to be. 

Nov 15, 16 10:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: