Archinect
anchor

The Generic City- Essay help

architectstudent

Hi everyone, 

I am an architecture student and I have to write an essay about the Generic City. The thing is the generic city is such a huge subject to talk about for just a 2000/3000 word essay.  I was wondering if anyone could help me focus on one aspect of the Generic city.

I was thinking about looking at in what way master planning does actually affect the growth/development of generic cities and also what factors impulses the generic city to grow such as social/aesthetic/economic factors.

Then also looking at how this is seen from a small scale example, such as a street to a bigger scale example such as a city.

Any suggestions are more than welcome

Many thanks in advance,

A stressed student

Apr 14, 16 12:38 pm
Non Sequitur

Try doing your own homework.

Apr 14, 16 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

rem koolaas.

Apr 14, 16 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Indianapolis is a pretty generic city.

Apr 14, 16 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I gave this a thumbs up and then realized it was me.

Jan 20, 22 11:25 am  · 
3  · 
dougy99

We should always be our own greatest supporters

Jan 20, 22 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

Well, hopefully Olaf didn't give anything away. You've already read the Koolhaas article from S,M,L,XL, right? I just looked it over, and man, you should be able to find something in there to argue for 6 pages without breaking a sweat. Good luck.

Apr 14, 16 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

anonitect - nooooooo.......i was hoping thats what this thread was about.

Apr 14, 16 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Essays are hard...just ask random people on the Internet to do it for you.  Good luck you lazy shit. 

Apr 14, 16 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

crowdsource a generic essay, brilliant!

Apr 14, 16 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

So meta...

Apr 15, 16 2:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

• ×Search in: