Archinect
anchor

The Generic City- Essay help

architectstudent

Hi everyone, 

I am an architecture student and I have to write an essay about the Generic City. The thing is the generic city is such a huge subject to talk about for just a 2000/3000 word essay.  I was wondering if anyone could help me focus on one aspect of the Generic city.

I was thinking about looking at in what way master planning does actually affect the growth/development of generic cities and also what factors impulses the generic city to grow such as social/aesthetic/economic factors.

Then also looking at how this is seen from a small scale example, such as a street to a bigger scale example such as a city.

Any suggestions are more than welcome

Many thanks in advance,

A stressed student

Apr 14, 16 12:38 pm
Non Sequitur

Try doing your own homework.

Apr 14, 16 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

rem koolaas.

Apr 14, 16 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

Indianapolis is a pretty generic city.

Apr 14, 16 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I gave this a thumbs up and then realized it was me.

Jan 20, 22 11:25 am  · 
4  · 
dougy99

We should always be our own greatest supporters

Jan 20, 22 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

Well, hopefully Olaf didn't give anything away. You've already read the Koolhaas article from S,M,L,XL, right? I just looked it over, and man, you should be able to find something in there to argue for 6 pages without breaking a sweat. Good luck.

Apr 14, 16 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

anonitect - nooooooo.......i was hoping thats what this thread was about.

Apr 14, 16 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Essays are hard...just ask random people on the Internet to do it for you.  Good luck you lazy shit. 

Apr 14, 16 9:00 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

crowdsource a generic essay, brilliant!

Apr 14, 16 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

So meta...

Apr 15, 16 2:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: