Archinect
anchor

architecture firms with weird hours?

Koww

anyone know firms that I could work at weird hours like 3 am... it sucks wasting the sunshine looking at computer screen.

Apr 12, 16 3:10 am
archiwutm8

LOL! You'll be working 8AM till 3AM anyhow.

Apr 12, 16 3:27 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

freelancing/self-employed you can do it. And I agree I'd rather draft in the early morning and do other things with my afternoon. 

Apr 12, 16 7:57 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

... then don't look at a computer screen all day. Problem solved.

Apr 12, 16 8:25 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Ain't got time for that, need to be construction drawing.

Apr 12, 16 8:50 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

perfect business hours for client meets

Apr 12, 16 11:05 am  · 
 · 
gruen
I don't care when you work-just hit the deadline. How may years of revit experience do you have? Pm me
Apr 12, 16 11:25 am  · 
 · 

koww-

you have to free-lance, or practice on your own to have that kind of schedule.  Or, become a consultant for a firm in a different time zone than yours (i.e. half-way around the world).  Then again, if you fall into the standard business hours like most of us, once you gain more experience and know how, you may one day find yourself somewhere other than your desk, drawing.

Hey, gruen,

Curious, what does "PM me" mean?

Apr 12, 16 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

I find it easy to work half days--any 12 of the 24 available in the day. I don't work from midnight to 6am but other than that, any hour is fair game for work or fun. An advantage (or consolation?) to self employment.

I have a couple of designers/drafters who work from home. Any hours that work for them. One of them works more or less normal hours; the other has a lot going on and works odd hours here and there. As long as they get stuff done when I need it, I don't care what hours they work.

When I used to work in an office, however, it was important that we were all there at more or less the same time; otherwise too much information was lost in communication. It's hard to find people you trust enough for them to handle their own schedule. 

Apr 12, 16 12:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: