Archinect
anchor

Architecture/Urban Design Project Question

vchertic

Hi Everyone,

I am taking my first stab at urban design in school this semester, and am looking at Hamtramck, Michigan, USA as a site for intervention for an urban design proposal. I zoomed in to this city because of its rich ethnic-group diversity. 

I narrowed the focus down to three different ethnic groups: Polish, Bangladeshi and Yemeni. This focus was determined by the identified locations and densities of ethnic-specific grocery stores, restaurants and places of worship in the area. 

I want to design a public space that invigorates the unique identities of different ethnic groups in the area. My problem is that I need some solid precedents before I do so. 

Does anyone have any good precedents for public space design that deals with the negotiation between various ethnic groups and the strengthening of ethnic identity in space?

Thanks!

Vlad

Apr 10, 16 6:43 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: