Archinect
anchor

Can you help me describe this building in Prague?

davidcane515@hotmail.com

Hello all, 

I am NOT an architect or an art historian. But right now, I wish I were...

I am a copywriter who was hired to write the website for the new hotel that will be opening inside the building seen below. Unfortunately, as is usually the case, I have been provided with very little information, and am supposed to make something out of nothing.

One of the things I wanted to emphasize was the building's main facade (partly because I have NO info about the interiors), but before I started rambling incoherently, I was hoping to get some information from people who actually know what they're talking about... 

So, what do we have here? Art Nouveau? Neoclassical? Likely time of construction? And what can we say about the decorations, carvings, etc.? Anything else of interest? 

Any information you can provide -- the more the better -- would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day :) 

David 

Mar 11, 16 10:29 am
Volunteer

Also known as renaissance revival. The renaissance revival interiors have their own characteristics as well so don't limit your search to just the exterior. Where is the building? It must have quite a history.

Mar 11, 16 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
davidcane515@hotmail.com

Thanks guys... The building is in the Nove Mesto area of Prague. I am based in Italy so I can't exactly go check it out... I asked the client if he had any info on the bldg's history, but got no answer. Then again, I suppose it is secondary to my assignment. The interiors are currently being entirely renovated and I have very little info on those as well... just the floor plans (not even the renderings) of how the hotel rooms will look, and catalogue photos of the furniture they chose. The picture you see if from Streetview, all I got was an address. Apparently though, there is a beautiful wrought-iron staircase that they're trying to restore and integrate with the new plan. Again, my only concern is to be able to drop in a few well-informed lines about the style/history of the property. So if there is more you think I should know... feel free! 

Mar 11, 16 12:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: