Archinect
anchor

plotters/printers

duluoz

i work at a small firm who is looking to upgrade their plotter and printers. We are interested in an 11x17 laser or ink jet as well as a new plotter, which we have been looking at both HP's and Kip systems. Without having seen some of these new systems in action its hard to make a decision that's going to cost the firm a nice chunk of money, so, does anyone have experience, good or bad, buying this equipment recently. If you know your model numbers, please include them, this would be a great help to us. thanks.

Feb 23, 05 11:00 am
3ifs

we have had an HP 1050C for 5 years and it has been a great piece of equipment. we have only had two small problems, and we use it a lot.

we are currently looking into an 11x17 laser, and will probably go for an all-in-one copier/fax/laser system. we have looked at ricoh, toshiba, savin, and xerox, and so far the ricoh looks to be the best fit, mostly due to the fact that they can give us color over b+w.

the best advice i can give is to put your hands on the systems that you are considering, and get a feel for them prior to purchase. a lot of vendors will let you demo in house.

also, i recommend going with a local vendor over buying via the net.

Feb 23, 05 11:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: