Archinect
anchor

Where is the Glass Block Wall house (Horiuchi House) located?

J.Ummie8

Does anybody know where Tadao Ando's Glass Block Wall house (Horiuchi House) is located in Japan? 

I am trying to find it on Google maps, hopefully to get an idea of the site it is located in. 

Mar 8, 16 12:46 am
Non Sequitur

You're not very bright, correct?

Simple google search will tell you it's in Osaka, Tezukayama region.

Mar 8, 16 8:58 am  · 
Non Sequitur

People like me just fine. Lazy people I don't care for.

Mar 8, 18 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
J.Ummie8

I am not that stupid. 

I know it is in that location. I am trying to find out where exactly it is located in that area...

Mar 8, 16 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
You may just have to go find it. Most firms don't list addresses for housing commissions.

For example, I had no clue of where one of Ando's houses in Chicago is located besides the neighborhood and ended up walking by it on the way to an ex girlfriends place one day a couple years ago.
Mar 9, 16 12:03 am  · 
 · 
amntb

I'm looking also for the wall house ( matsumoto house in Ashiya ) but it is too difficult to find these houses if there isn't a clear clue in the texts.

I've manager to find the Iwasa house referring to the literature but for those two houses,  there are no clear description.

If by any luck someone who visited these houses or live there, I'll be more than grateful for a help too.

Jul 6, 16 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
amntb

If it could help, Concerning the wall house( matsumoto house), it doesn't exist anymore apparently.  As for the Glass Block Wall house, no Idea . 

Oct 21, 16 8:13 am  · 
 · 
Tim_

If anyone is still interested, here's what Horiuchi house looks like today.

and for comparaison 

For the existing/non existing ando buidlings look for the japenese wikipedia page on Tadao andõ

Dec 28, 17 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
Lolo2333445

hi!

Im also looking for the house’s exact location? 

How did you find it? 

Thanks

Mar 7, 18 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Finjohn

https://www.archinform.net/pro...

Mar 7, 18 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Finjohn

If you click on "Map/Aerial view" it will show you exactly where it is located.

Mar 7, 18 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
Finjohn

zoomed in:

Mar 7, 18 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: