Archinect
anchor

Yosemite National Park

3west

i'm planning my first trip to yosemite and thought you guys might have a few insightful suggestions about he matter

Feb 18, 05 12:48 pm
3ifs

don't sit on Old Faithful...

Feb 18, 05 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

DOH thats yellowstone... nevermind.

>runs and hides in the corner<

Feb 18, 05 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

when, where are you coming from? camping or hotels?

Feb 18, 05 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
3west

i haven't really decided when, most likely in the spring. we will be camping though.

Feb 18, 05 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

We have camped a couple times on the valley floor - convenient to the shops & laundry plus trails and visitor center - does get crowded though and people bring RVs so there's a lot of generator noise. We have also stayed at the Awahnee and a place called the Narrow Gauge Inn just south of the park. The Awahnee is worth at least a look or a few drinks in the lounge - they have an excellent (and expensive) restaurant in a huge stone hall. The Narrow Gauge has a nice atmosphere and is very affordable, especially off-season.
Make sure to make reservations far in advance for camping if you're going late spring/early summer.

Feb 18, 05 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
Kai

I did a three day 75 mile haul through the west side last summer. here is a pic. It was a blast, try and cover as much ground as you can, it's incredible

Feb 18, 05 6:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: