Archinect
anchor

Call for Papers: Civil Engineeirng Journal

Civil Engineering Journal

We would like to invite you to submit your original work for consideration and possible publication in our research based scientific journal.

Civil Engineering Journal (C.E.J) is a multidisciplinary, an open-access, internationally double-blind peer-reviewed journal that is publishing 12 issues per volume (monthly). Civil Engineering Journal providing a platform for the researchers, academicians, professionals and students to impart and share knowledge in the form of high quality empirical and theoretical research articles, review articles and technical note.

www.CivileJournal.org

Jan 17, 16 10:47 am
awaiting_deletion

thats hilarious null

Jan 17, 16 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

"curb and gutter, where does the water go?"

Jan 17, 16 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
knock knock

Civil Engineering Journal, you have to ignore these juvenile responses and don't be discouraged. There will be people responding or thinking of your proposition seriously among architects. This is often a forum for people using it as a cheap entertainment to get out their daily frustrations mostly due to low-level achievement while drawing typical building specs and making marketing renderings for a living.   

Many of these people are frustrated and can't think anything good can come out from Muslim named scholars. They are limited and interested in talking about only the popular gossip of architecture that give them immediate entertainment while working in someone's office.

However, in their defense, there is a certain truth about soliciting work from mailing lists. I think you should do a little more research and only contact scholars who are working on the type of projects and research you want to editorialise. Otherwise, all the inquiries and submittals remain as academic advancement plans often bereft of truly cognisant and creative work. For sure, I have seen so many of those people in academia. There are so many "journals" that nobody reads and after reading the byline in my e mail box, most of them go to the trash folder.

Architects are highly visual and creative professionals when it comes to space and structure. They, mostly, know how to speculate on spatial and structural design and in the complexities of architecture, those are only the part of what they do. 

If I had time and money, I would read and draw the interpretation of some of your innovative articles from an architect's imagination. It would be an interesting idea to solicit architects and pair them with engineers' ideas and ask architects to apply them to a building or to urban design. 

Good luck, I have browsed two previous issues of your journal and found them potentially interesting and educational.

Jan 17, 16 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Did you just make this about race?

Bitch please.

Balkins strikes back.

Jan 17, 16 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

null, 

You are going to make an ass out of yourself with every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes on this forum or observed your b.s. and give you their opinion of it ????

Jan 17, 16 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Jan 17, 16 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

"shit runs downhill - consultant hierarchy in the AEC industry" 

Jan 17, 16 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
knock knock

Another potentially good thread wasted by dumb Archinect bullies - read aggressive cowards. 

null pointer, how come 90% of your posts contain the words s**t and f**k? What's the problem? Is that what you are made of?

Jan 17, 16 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

muslim? meth? what did i miss? ............here is my advise to people who post seminars and call for papers in the "forum" - do not do that, it says you are not serious and you do not have the finances to go through the proper channels. i.e. this is a "call for papers", post through the appropriate websites, for example Bustler.net etc...

Jan 17, 16 5:17 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

your new name, why does that bother you? Are you from one of those repressed cultures where self-expression must be polite or it just throws you off and you can't concentrate on content? If so, my posts aren't aimed at you. fucker.

Jan 17, 16 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

null you just explained a massive cultural gap i believe. we westerners understand "forums" as informal self expression. all the other SHIT as "formal"..........donkey dick. (if you dont find it funny that I said Donkey Dick on a call for papers for civil engineers, i think we have a cultural gap misundertanding)

Jan 17, 16 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

btw 'donkey dick' is a construction term with regard to pouring concrete

Jan 17, 16 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
knock knock

So, whatever doesn't fit in your unusually small brain, you either shit on it or repressively fuck it? You are a sewer mouth.

And you, olaf design, you are terribly embarrassing when you speak of "we westerners". Who is "we" you speak of? You are more like Oregon militia to me. Why don't you go join your real pals?

Jan 17, 16 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ynn - i see you pay attention and are a smart person, but also somewhat naive and clueless.........you familiar with Comedy Central? this is a forum, nothing too serious. donkey dick.

Jan 17, 16 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/us/oregon-wildlife-refuge-armed-protest/ there is a chance these guys are distant cousins or maybe i agree on various philosophical levels....but ynn you clealry do not understand what it means to be "western"..........again, a cultural gap you dont get and if you want to be technical Islam is 500 years younger than Christianitity, so technically speaking - your stupid unrelated trek into Muslim culture here only proves every 500 year old differencr cultural point - you are behind......but none of this has anything to do with this post.....you want to be taken seriously - go through the proper channels. end of story.

Jan 17, 16 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
I'm going to submit my paper on "Structural Magic"
Jan 17, 16 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
knock knock

Who the hell are you to define what this forum is? Your biggest problem is that you assume you are entitled to speak for others and try to bring them down to the level of your own idiocy. 

If a respected journal of a very related field is asking for ideas here in this forum, they equally deserve and expect respect and professionalism. You and your cohorts' juvenile responses to them make architects look bad in a public forum frequented by architects and people who respect architects and respect what architects do.

Not all of us come here for cheap childish entertainment and cowardly bullying others for unresolved personal issues.  

Jan 17, 16 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ynn you really are clueless.

Jan 17, 16 7:26 pm  · 
 · 
knock knock

You repeat "clueless" like a parrot. If that's a clue for who you are... Then, all you have said make sense. 

Jan 17, 16 7:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ok commercials....go steelers.....as a courtesy i will explain in more depth. i do not decide what a forum is, society does. society of Archinect has decided, a freedom of speech kind of society, allows anyone to post anything. only after muiltple flags can a post or thread be taking down.....man those Denver cheerleaders look hot in chaps......anyway, a forum is a free for all. a journal is peer reviewed, which is not a free for all. Null, the genius that they are, summed up what i am about to say at the beginning! this is a forum not a place to ask for seriously peer reviwed papers! or is the journal serious?

Jan 17, 16 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ynn your last response only proves your inherint ignorance to a civil western debate. at this point you are just a emotion douche bag who made this post about race or islam or whatever....no one cares. a journa on a no budget posted a call for papers on a forum. thats like asking to find yoyr wife on craigslist? is that above your head?

Jan 17, 16 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
knock knock

You went from sadly laughable to lame. Freedom of speech..? That's an ahaha. I wouldn't dare to argue that with somebody like you. Talk about wasted energy. One only needs to read your previous comments and see your capacity for "civil western debate". You're not even peripheral at this point. Good night, enjoy your fake shadow. 

Jan 17, 16 8:06 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

wow you are dumb ynn. so you take the 'uh, now i dont care route' after being thoroghly slain by the very fact that the person you called an idiot - Null Pointer, in their very first brief post summarize the remaining discussion...do you get that? do you have the intelligence to get that??? ..I particpated in the logical outcome of this debate, hence proving your inherint bigotted, and ultimately anti free debate of higher intellectual discussion, reflecting your shortcomings as a human.......I was just pointing out the obvious - if you want to be taken seriosly - dont post serious shit ona forum! your new name = fucking moron

Jan 17, 16 8:14 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

in appreciation of Null's first post...

Jan 17, 16 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

· 
awaiting_deletion

Jan 17, 16 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Jan 17, 16 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Jan 17, 16 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Jan 17, 16 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Jan 17, 16 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Jan 17, 16 8:39 pm  · 
 · 

Olaf,

Why have a forum in the first place? Stupid shit non-serious discussion should be kept offline or on Facebook. You take a forum like this and make it a worthless piece of sh-t playground of tantrums by 18+ year old babies.

I read through this and geez, Bustler.net (which you suggested) is the sister site of Archinect so what the hell is the issue of the OP being direct. Raise your A-game. Wait a second, your responses is really to YNN not the OP themselves. 

Bustler is for basically publishing News and Events for competitions and such. Then you seem to totally miss the OP's questions.

The OP was making an announcement for a call for papers. The idea is you submit papers to CEJ (acronym of the OP) which is a Journal publisher. They then review it. How do these journals like this gets attention of authors of papers to write journal articles? If you are publishing a relatively new journal, you can't just magically expect them to come. They come to the venues where the authors are. In this case, architects comes to this forum and when they are seeking articles from architects, where do you think they are going to go to get attention and get a pool of writers.

One way is to be directly calling for papers (article submissions) by architects on this forum. 

The other way is to directly contact specific authors who wrote articles about the subject of architecture.

The latter is for contacting specific people you want. However, what if you are not sure of who you want specifically. Maybe you want to have a pool of authors and more open. So they say open-access, double blind peer review. My assumption is there is some sort of vetting of total garbage for articles with some value.

If you noticed, Civil Engineering Journal had not at all responded to any of the forum nonsense.

If people want to submit articles, they might want to start here: 

http://civilejournal.org/index.php/cej/about

There is some links to some important information. Aside from that, I would advise reading some of the existing issues of the journal. 

Jan 17, 16 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

ricki the lord works in mysterious ways!

Jan 17, 16 10:02 pm  · 
 · 

Netiquettes.....  

I can tell you that while what you say are true that you nor I as individuals decides what the forum is but WE decide the forum and how it is by our own conduct. Considering this forum is mostly unmoderated. In unmoderated forums, the responsibility of civil discord is our own. How we conduct ourselves is our own individual responsibility.

However, there is guidelines. The forum is established by the forum admins who runs Archinect for civil debate. This means that it is our responsibility to conduct ourselves to standard netiquettes.

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

While this is not intended to be a strict standard. It sets some basic common netiquette guidelines that are largely standard. In some sense, the basis of this netiquette for One-to-Many communication is a sort of de facto standard. It is implied on page 6-8(+) that it would be applicable also to forums as it is a one-to-many type of communication.

I'm sure there is a later edition that basically amends or expand textually this RFC guideline to cover more forms of one-to-many communication forms with another RFC number which I am not about to dig through. Newsgroups would be closer in line to Newsgroups than a Mailing List. 

Here is something I thought might be good and straight forward:

The source is noted just above but also found at this link:

http://blogs.onlineeducation.touro.edu/15-rules-netiquette-online-discussion-boards/

These can be looked at and thought of as forum behavior guidelines.

Freedom of speech doesn't really apply to internet or web forums. It isn't a democracy and the U.S. Constitution doesn't really apply here. While the government instituted laws and rules and the Constitution to protect the rights for each citizen from the government or its political subdivisions from restricting or removing your rights as long as we defend them from both foreign and DOMESTIC tyranny as power corrupts people and people use power for their agenda. A privately ran forum is not a democracy or a republic and is not bound by the rules the government are required by law to abide by (whether they follow it or not is a totally different topic), therefore, is like going to someone else's home or their place of business. 

The purpose of netiquettes are not for restricting free speech or freedom of opinion on topics but about civility of inter-personal communication of multiple people on topics.

They are an etiquette guideline. The forum owners made general assumptions that we abide by some level or form of etiquette guidelines and maintain civility.

Jan 17, 16 10:14 pm  · 
 · 

We can amend the word 'classmate(s)' with peers or fellow colleagues, or fellow forum users, etc. The principle applies even if we tune certain words to fit a broader forum user base than 'students' in an academic setting.

Just to be clear, I am not innocent and I am guilty of not always following such netiquettes and most of us have in one way or another not followed such netiquette guidelines.

I think we can strive to follow them more for more civil discussions in the future.

Jan 17, 16 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
This was great.
Jan 17, 16 10:19 pm  · 
 · 

Engineering for Minimum Liability by Maximizing Structural Components

Jan 17, 16 10:25 pm  · 
 · 

A Study of the Correlation of the Suicide Rate of White Males with the Broadcasting of Country and Western Music

Jan 17, 16 10:33 pm  · 
 · 

Chemical Processes in the Deep Interior of Uranus

Jan 17, 16 10:38 pm  · 
 · 

Miles, 

I will definitely recommend staying far away from the author of Chemical Processes in the Deep Interior of UrAnus to avoid a very sore Anus.

Jan 17, 16 10:51 pm  · 
 · 

I don't know enough about this journal to speak to the validity of this Civil Engineering Journal. 

I would recommend some level of scrutiny over the validity of "Civil Engineering Journal" before submitting an article. In what is merely a quick skim through Issue #2, I didn't notice anything glaringly off or silly. 

That is what I have observed so far. 

Jan 17, 16 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Ricky-Bobby, how many articles have you submitted to this civil eng journal?

Jan 18, 16 8:27 am  · 
 · 
Zaina

personally speaking, I do take the "call for papers" being posted on this forum seriously, but maybe there should be a separate navigation button for them along with the "Competitions" bar, leaving the forum space free for open discussions... 

@ Olaf- maybe you can enlight some of us here "what is like to be a westerner?" so I can explain you "what does it mean to be an easterner?" ... you were obviously speaking out of anger.. I don't how to say this..? "being a westerner can be an advantage if you're smart enough but does not add to you as an individual any value"  

@ynn... a lot of users (me at the top of the list) roaming here making jokes, cursing and saying whatever first come to our heads feeling safe covered with our nicknames, it doesn't mean it's right nor it's wrong... and yeah maybe some of the users are frustrated for different reasons related or none to the profession ... so what?? read what you like and ignore what you don't.. "this forum should be formal" said who?! maybe you choose to be a formal conservative person but others choose to tell jokes, both choices should come with the respect of all other users... your freedom stops when others' freedom start!

@ Rick- #9 is addressed for you!

Jan 18, 16 9:03 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I nominate snooker to write a paper on sky hooks. 

Jan 18, 16 9:10 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

I want a paper on the "Great Wall of Mexico"

Jan 18, 16 9:21 am  · 
 · 
midlander

This is often a forum for people using it as a cheap entertainment to get out their daily frustrations mostly due to low-level achievement while drawing typical building specs and making marketing renderings for a living. 

If this warning was presented before new members could post we would be spared much confusion, but also much delight.

I do think the site lost some of its focus when it removed the pimpin architecture subheading. Serious purpose is totally inappropriate on an internet forum. You want that, go browse quora or something :/

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/8453/archinect-will-always-be-pimpin-in-my-book

Jan 18, 16 9:30 am  · 
 · 
knock knock

When people understand the difference between slander, bullying, and fascist groupspeak, I will take their sense of humor wholeheartedly. I am known as a humorous person myself. 

If you are indifferent, then you have just supported those aggressions. Make no mistake, there is no sense of humor nor freedom of speech in that. It is even worse when you see those as entertainment.

Does "pimping architecture" mean a free ticket to slander and bullying to you? 

Why an appropriate and potentially informative call for participation to a professional and academic journal from a related field is so offensive to a group of architects or students of architecture? 

Jan 18, 16 10:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: