Archinect
anchor

architecture and home ownership

anonymouse

i agree with everything you said, on an optimistic note, from several reliable sources, i have learned that there are no less than 30 residential towers in the pipes (meaning fully approved by planning) slated for construction in SOMA. it seems that this will become the new high density residential area of san francisco. im not sure that this is even a drop in the bucket, or whats up with the lack of actuall construction yet, but if anything gives me hope... this does.

by the way, only a wholistic approach (analyzing the supply/demand and politics that control it) will succeed in maintaining a sustainable community of working people.

on a side note. and as an example: i encourage all you bay area people to check out how much cheaper purchasing a condo/co-op in manhattan is, where pay rates are higher and theres no need for a car.

that was when i realized it is incredibly out of whack here.
the bay area needs to truly embrace density and abandon this single family residence mentality. especially all those holding themselves out to be "environmentalists" but still insist on driving their subaru AWD in to the city from berkeley every day.

Feb 22, 05 12:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: