Archinect
anchor

Digital Camera > External Hard Drive : any way to directly connect?

RNNR

I'm curious if any of you have heard of a way to forego downloading images from digital cameras to a computer - ideally involving a direct transfer from a digital camera / compact flash card to an external hard drive (sans laptop)?

I have looked into the option of downloading directly to an iPod using the Belkin media reader and camera connector, but quite honestly I'm rather sick of most anything having to do with iPod and all of the hurdles we're expected to jump through to avoid all of their proprietary formats...

It's just a bunch of .JPGs and USB 2.0 - how hard can that be?

Feb 14, 05 2:49 pm
9SquareGrid

I have an I/O Magic Digital Photo Library. http://www.iomagic.com/Products/show_all_results.asp?ProdID=I6N1USB20GB

It's basically a battery powered 20gb external gard drive with slots for 6 different types of digicam media. I got it about a year ago at Radio Shack for about $100....not sure how much they are now. Disadvantages...kinda big and only USB 1.1.

Feb 14, 05 3:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: