Archinect
anchor

Microstation

wyoming81

To anyone using microstation I am looking for some help with some work I have to do. Working on a Amry CORP job and I have to use microstation for all the drawings of which i have little experience. (I have an utterly useless book but it was all I could find).

One problem is that the text seems very restrictive. Most of my fonts come up as symbols or just hollow lettering and the fonts that do work only like right as a single pt. line. Looking for a little insite in regard to the font style inner workings.

Second is there a way to do a solid hatch. Our title blocks require its use but I can't seem to get this to work in mircostation.

Finally is there a way to alter the design tools so that for instance the title function produces something similar to our companies design standards.

Feb 10, 05 10:26 pm
P.B.

I'm using Microstation here in the office and I can say that I prefer it now to autocad...All your above stated problems can be solved....problem is how to show you how to do it...
I Have deadline this evening so no time now....will try and write something down on monday...

Feb 11, 05 4:28 am  · 
 · 
stainB

try this
goto settings/view attributes <ctrl-B>
select current view (or with select all button)
check Fill
uncheck Fast Font
viola.

Feb 11, 05 5:24 am  · 
 · 
plexus 1

....and save settings once you complete the above instructions.

Feb 11, 05 7:40 am  · 
 · 
wyoming81

P.B.- I can say what little I know I definitely like microstation better. I think once I figure out the little issues I come across (which also entail simple solutions) that it will replace AutoCAD at our office. I just dont have to money to attend the seminars at this point so it will take time.

Plexus 1- Worked like a charm except I still get symbols only for some fonts that should work.

Feb 11, 05 2:04 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

pick up the book "harnessing microstation" it really helped when i started out. i know there are books out there for geared towards autocad users but i never used those....be sure and look at the help file too... nowadays the help file saves me when i can't figure something out.

to see fill > setting > view attributes > check fill

to create fill i use "create region" set the method to flood and the fill type to opaque chage the color to my desired color and check keep original.

i dont quite understand what you are asking for the rest of the questions. it might just be that you need the right fonts to install... the font in microstation are separate from your windows fonts.

hope this helped

Feb 11, 05 3:02 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

oh the "create region" tool is under the "drop element" tool

Feb 11, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: