Archinect
anchor

autocad- ucs - help!!!

spiderdad

if i change the ucs and have it at a certain angle...
the cursor/cross-hairs change to that angle... i used the command "UCS", "Object" and selected a line that was at a certain angle...

but how do i make the actual model space turn so that the cursor isnt at an fully angle on my screen but is normal on the screen (without going back to the World UCS)...

please help!!!

Feb 10, 05 8:33 pm
spiderdad

i got it!!!

in case anyone wants to know... just type in "Plan" once you've set the ucs...

sorry for the intrusion... let's all get back to talking about real issues on architecture...

Feb 10, 05 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

another way to change the angle of the crosshairs is by using snapang, i like this command because of the fact people forget to change the ucs back to plan, and i insert a block its not where i want it to be...

Feb 10, 05 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
Bula

Use "Dview", select all, enter "TW"(twist), and enter the desired rortation angle.

Feb 10, 05 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
xpondilus

Use Rhino, and never again in your entire life youll need of UCS. which are by the way (in my modest opinion) the worst thing AUTOCAD has as a modelling prg.

Feb 11, 05 12:27 am  · 
 · 
lm

type "ucsfollow", set it to 1. then whenever you rotate your ucs, the view rotates as well, but your crosshairs will stay at 0/90 degrees. set it back to 0, to turn it off.

Feb 11, 05 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
norm

Im is correct - but if you click into a viewport from paperspace it could mess you up - be careful.

Feb 11, 05 5:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: