Archinect
anchor

steakhouse in Rome

Ms Beary

I ate at a steak house in Rome, but can't remember what it was called or where it was, it was somewhere not to far from Castel Sant Angelo. I have a friend studying in Rome who needs a steak. Anyone happen to know of it?

Feb 4, 05 2:33 pm
3ifs

not sure if it matters, but was it on the vatican side of the river?

Feb 4, 05 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

yes, but east and a little north of the vatican as I remember. the neighborhood where the streets are gridded.

Feb 4, 05 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

yeah i remember that neighborhood, IIRC the Temple U. residence apartments were up there. there was an open air market around there too.

Feb 4, 05 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
djaffe

There's a really good brazillian steak house at the corner of Vittorio Emanuelle and corso del rinascimento right across the street from Sant Andrea Delle Valle (couple blocks southeast of Navona) . Highly Highly recommended! It was a much needed break from roman food.

Feb 4, 05 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

that's not what I was thinking, but it might do. thanks!

Feb 4, 05 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
stainB

will be in Rome for 2 wks... any good recommendation for accomodation?

Feb 4, 05 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

can one get a steak florentine there?

Feb 4, 05 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
honorthebrick

While I studied there in 02 I had steak at two places and both were very good. The first on is an Argentinian steakhouse called Baires. www.baires.it They have two locations, one is off of Corso Vittorio Emanuelle near Piazza Navona. The other location is on Via Cavour two blocks away from where Via Dei FIori Imperialli and Via Cavour intersect close to the Colliseo.

The other place that I had steak is called Il Brillo Parlante. I highly, highly recommend it. www.ilbrilloparlante.com They have a Danish steak for two that is worth the sometimes hourlong wait. The place is small in the basement. This one is located 1 block away from where the Rotunda of Piazza Del Poppolo begins on Via Fontanella. If you approach from Via Del Corso, you make a left at the block before the Piazza and it will be on the right hand side.

And if your friend wants ribs, there is another place called Oliphant that serves Tex-Mex. Not the best I've had, but it did the trick. It is also located near Piazza Navona and some Government building that I can't remember the name of.

Enjoy.

Feb 4, 05 10:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: