Archinect
anchor

Audiophiles: Wireless Sound?

WtfWtfWtf™

I'm looking to Send Audio signal (iTunes, etc.) from my Toshiba Laptop to my Home Receiver. I have seen AirPort work seamlessly with friends' Mac PowerBooks, yet looking for something similar/equal for the PC. Any Recomendations? Thanks In Advance!

Feb 4, 05 12:56 pm
sameolddoctor

the 'roku soundbridge'

run a search for it and you will see...the cool thing is that it also has this display on itself that tells you which song is playing

Feb 4, 05 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

[url=http://www.rokulabs.com/products/soundbridge/index.php]that roku thing is too darn expensive
[/url]

why dont you try a 20' long $9.99 av jack out fron radio shack.

Feb 4, 05 3:15 pm  · 
 · 
Nick Scalco

Poczatek - I have a PC at home (running ITunes) and am using an airport for wireless transmission to my reciver and it works flawlessly... also using it to run a network printer and for wireless internet.

Feb 4, 05 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

Suture - I do have the cables, and they work great, but I really want to go wireless - I was impressed by the flexibility of having no cords, and the quality of the sound through AirPort.

Nick - I didn't know AirPort was totally compatible w/Windows - Nice
Thanks for the info!

Feb 4, 05 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

actually yes, airport works very good with the pc also

you can also, if you are looking for a cheap option, use something like a itrip...so it can broadcast radio waves and you can listen on your good old radio...dont know much about the quality though

Feb 4, 05 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

iTrip is key for road trips - wouldnt trade it for anything. I currently use the iPod Dock/monster Cable kit for Home now, but it's kind of a pain to use the iPod as an interface while entertaining...the navipod is good for remote, but does have it's limiations as well, without the display. Losing the remote capability while using the laptop is a downer, but the LCD console and wireless connection would be the cat's meow.....
Thanks for the recommendations.

Feb 4, 05 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
Suture
try to dongle this out for $39 bucks
Feb 4, 05 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
VanWinkle

good link suture!

Feb 6, 05 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: