Archinect
anchor

Architecture + Superheroes

David Cuthbert

Had a thought about how inaccurate these super heroes + heroines alter egos were. They could have all been done around architecture and construction

Feb 3, 05 11:48 am
David Cuthbert

superman - he can see throuh walls with his x-ray vision. A talent needed for structural engineers to check reinforcement.

the penguin - although super villan his dress and general behaviour is similar to a developer. He's just so nasty

Batman - definately an architect. Wears black (black knight), spends most of his time in his dungeon working on a flashing computer.

the Joker - also an architect. He's a bit whacked and is always in contention with the batman.

Feb 3, 05 11:51 am  · 
 · 
dioscuri

spiderman - qualify as the ultimate curtain wall contractor with the ability to design/create various web/mesh structures in dense urban environments, also spidey sense allows him to avoid harmful construction accidents.

hulk - ultimate demolition contractor.

Feb 3, 05 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
e

spiderman would make a good and cheap windown washing system.

Feb 3, 05 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey all you mild mannered architects, wish superpower would you rather have?
invisibility or the ability to fly?????

Feb 3, 05 10:44 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i think Sandman was a Concrete Contractor...

Feb 3, 05 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
Bula

Imagine what you could design & build if you were blessed w/ Magneto's mutation!

Feb 4, 05 12:07 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

if we're including mutants, i wouldn't mind having wolverine sitting next to me at construction meetings... a little contractor intimidation never hurt anyone. :)

Feb 4, 05 8:51 am  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

all the evil villains make great clients, they:

will buy into crazy visions of world changing proportions.

have loads of money or the means to make/steal/ print it.

and love the crazy scientist(architect) who will help them realise their dream

unless they shoot you in the end, just before the good guy gets them.

Feb 4, 05 9:01 am  · 
 · 
mm

Mao, the scientist who assists the bad guys always ends up dying... usually it occurs as are trying to sneak out of the building unnoticed when some sort of calamity occurs.

Feb 4, 05 9:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

yes pray you don't get on the evil mastermind's bad side and end up in the shark tank that you designed.

Feb 4, 05 5:57 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

true true vado- but at least if i had designed it would be a suitably glamorous place to die in. and sort of off topic, but i love the sets ken adam did for the james bond films- i'd be realtively happy to die in his pirhana pool

Feb 4, 05 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

ability to fly!

Feb 4, 05 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

hey chairman what a good idea for a studio project- design your own execution!

Feb 5, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
newstreamlinedmodel

I thought that Sandford Quintner WAS the Joker's alter ego.

Feb 7, 05 12:40 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi

You are all way off the issue, --- draw it as Solids subtract smaller Solids to make the walls prepare the details press a button and just like any of your Super hero's there will be a compleat assembly somthing you can overview yourself that you don't need to ask the craftmen but is there as full-scale CAD drawings , guess the name of it it is as fantastic while it don't use the computer to make an account but acturly form each piece of the building, --- you need no Super power just a new attitude one that make the computer acturly work and shape the building elements.
You be the Super hero start scrapping the pain old methods use one material only.

Feb 7, 05 5:07 am  · 
 · 
bigness

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!

buahahahahahahahahahahahahaa...

i wanted to post something but i am just unable to do so after reading this.

Feb 7, 05 5:37 am  · 
 · 
kylemiller

sanford kwinter = sideshow bob

Feb 7, 05 9:42 am  · 
 · 
ge-ril-a

i was at a fancy dress party on saturday

there were three batmans

one 1960's
two 1990's (one of who was telepathic)

funniest thing all night was in the gents toilet when 1960's batman asked ozzy ozbin laden if he was interested in buying any nice bat caves!

Feb 7, 05 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

jb

so that was you in the first stall with the spongebob outfit?!

Feb 7, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
SpringFresh

i was once serving drinks at a fancy dress superheroes party in a disused bank- all very surreal- where i encountered superman in a the act of love with a woman wearing some aluminium foil on a staircase.

Feb 7, 05 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
sahar

I think the comic hero of choice for architects is Mister X

Mister X is the designer and architect of Radiant City. Designed to be a dream city, the beautiful metropolis is now dilapidated and filled by people suffering from sleep disorders, opium addiction and a variety of perversions, a decadent and corrupt place. "Stranded in this somnopolis is the mysterious Mr. X. His past shrouded in mystery, he makes his meagre living as a private investigator. While probing other people's darkest secrets, he must protect his own". He feels somehow responsible for all the city's ills and desires to redeem himself and Radiant City. As such he never stops working, using sleep restricting drugs to stay awake twenty-four hours a day. Of course this sleep deprivation only adds to his mental problems.

Feb 7, 05 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
ge-ril-a

kyll

no i was dressed as a modern day robin hood.

sas combat ready but with arrows

Feb 8, 05 7:17 am  · 
 · 
londonsam

Galactus, In order to survive, he must roam the galaxies feeding on planets.
Sounds like a contractor to me.

Feb 8, 05 10:04 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

black trench coat, Sahar I think you are right mr X does look like an architect. But then that would the same for Spawn (architect turned bad??)hmmm

Feb 9, 05 2:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: