Archinect
anchor

Mies Vs. Wright

kreynolds

I am in dire need of quotes by both Wright and Mies with regards to eachother and their architecture. Negative banter is preferable. If anyone knows of any exact quotes or any publications where i can find arguments between the two that would be great. Thanks for the help!

Jan 31, 05 1:19 pm
Alan Loomis

(I think) Mies' visit to Taliesen is documented by Edgar Tafel in "Apprentice to Genius". There might be some photos. Positive banter, if I recall.

Jan 31, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I don't know about this topic directly, but what I would do is hit the library and quickly search the indexes of the big biographies on these two, for mentions of the other. This would be quick (a couple of hours), and would let you cite actual scholarship if you need to (rather than saying you got it third-hand on a website.)

Jan 31, 05 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

flw: less is more only if the more isnt very good
mies: batman called he wants his cape back

Jan 31, 05 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

there was positive correspondance between the two, until wright realized what mies was doing. then it all fell apart.

Jan 31, 05 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
e

why are you looking for negative banter? seems architects and designers are often look to dis their peers as opposed to supporting them and finding common ground.

Jan 31, 05 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

Mies, FLW and God drinking in a bar.
God, "which one of you said I was your apprentice?"
(this might be in architectural graphic standarts)

Jan 31, 05 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
kreynolds

Thanks for the help! I'm not sure i'm allowed to disclose what these quotes will be used for as of yet. Its something quirky and it is for work so its not my own personal project. If you're an avid golfer of sorts and live in Chicago you may come across it in the near future. Thanks again.

Feb 1, 05 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: