Archinect
anchor

Interior Design school or Architectural?

JeromeS

Honestly, I keep coming back to here to see what RWCB, PBD will say next.

I didn't see anything anybody said that was discriminatory; age, religion or otherwise.  In fact, Rob C's post was directed at all religion and therefore exactly NOT discriminatory.

Sep 9, 15 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Balkins. I can say whatever I want about religion. It's an open forum. I'm not interviewing you or hiring you. We have zero connection other than bantering here on archinect. As a private citizen I can say anything I want about religions. It's a free country and I have the right to do so. Save me a copy paste bulletin from the department of labor or elsewhere because I don't give a shit.
Sep 9, 15 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Why? Is Rob your employer?

TRICK QUESTION

Sep 9, 15 2:37 pm  · 
 · 

JeromeS,

An Atheist can discriminate against religion by their religion of not believing in a God and that too in fact a religion. It can violate discrimination laws in regards to hiring practices.

rob_c,

Balkins. I can say whatever I want about religion. It's an open forum. I'm not interviewing you or hiring you. We have zero connection other than bantering here on archinect. As a private citizen I can say anything I want about religions. It's a free country and I have the right to do so. Save me a copy paste bulletin from the department of labor or elsewhere because I don't give a shit.

Don't cry to me when you screw up and your employees sue you for discriminatory actions in how you treat them because what you say can open the doors to grounds in which they can hold as a pattern of thinking to substantiate that you illegally discriminate.

Be careful, just because I am not your employee doesn't mean that what you say here can't be used against you. Search & Seizure of computer equipment and analyzing the computer, they can point and link you to this account on Archinect and then use what you say here. There's a fingerprint of your computer activity. In addition, the servers that runs this site, has log records of every computer IP address that accesses the server for any web site hosted. These are in backup records. In addition, the government has computer systems tied into EVERY SINGLE internet backbone and ISP infrastructure in the United States. So every computer's online activity is recorded and stored on all sorts of records.

Aren't all us spookies a little unstable? Maaaaaaybe. 

--- Don't bomb the U.S. Don't be a terrorist. Don't threaten to assassinate the President of the United States. Don't threaten to MASS MURDER. Don' threaten JIHADS. 

Maybe I got the Carnivore's or a decendent system's attention. Packet Sniffers... SNIFF AWAY, RECORD AND ARCHIVE.

Just so you know rob_c, right now, I am deliberate f---ing with your mind.

Sep 9, 15 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Sep 9, 15 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

^^Just so you know rob_c, right now, I am deliberate f---ing with your mind.

More accurately described as masturbatory

Sep 9, 15 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
JBeaumont

Balkins, I googled your name and "2005" and found many 10+ year old examples of you calling yourself "engineering student", "aspiring architect", and variations on that theme.   Your engineering advice re the flooding of New Orleans - along with accompanying but tangential-at-best pontificating on abortion, economics, and Islam - apparently continues for hundreds of pages.  You've been in this "building designer" fantasy for a really really long time.  In this thread you compare yourself favorably to Will May - dude in the last 10 years he may have had 20 drafting jobs and been a grocery bagger, but that's 20 drafting jobs and two more real-life careers than you've had in that decade.

Sep 9, 15 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

LOL...

null pointer.

Actually they have systems if that sort at the NSA. Some of those systems using NarusInsight software. Another is using a transceiver built into a USB stick. Many cases, its bluetooth technology they will use. Some computers and devices have the radio built in. All they need to do is hack the computer (or use a built in backdoor Microsoft implemented for NSA and their own purposes which Apple does the same and NSA knows the backdoors into the computer. Then employ a program that will not show up in the task manager as a process and that process would take information from the computer and transmit it. They just have a operative (agent) with an in the field computer device to receive the information. 

Not something tin foil aside for it and old metal coat hangers makes for an antenna.

Not really any news. Those programs looks for key words and when the data passes through a backbone as they all do, it flags it and records the TCP/IP or UDP packets of data. They know when and where the packets are coming from as it circulates the internet backbones where ALL internet traffic passes through. Is it a joke? Not really. Is it sci fi? No. More like science fact. It isn't something that is that big of a secret. It is probably more a matter of screwing with NSA than anything else.

Sep 9, 15 4:31 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

so the nsa is hacking people for discriminatory hiring practices?  i suppose that's about as good of a use they could put that technology towards, but deliberately spying on americans on american soil seems like maybe it's something they would want to keep a bit more hush-hush.  i also would question whether evidence from an nsa hack would be considered admissible as evidence.

maybe the nsa can help get rid of unpaid internships in architecture too.

Sep 9, 15 5:18 pm  · 
 · 

I was comparing Cliff May to Will May when I made that statement JBeaumont. I said, I rather be Cliff May than Will May. Will May is no Cliff May. Different people. Different talents. Different degree of success.

Don't forget, he had started in the 1970s. He built more of a career and name before the recession hit. In addition, he was in the midst of a big city and he had the 1980s period of housing boom to support things. In my locale, its not about new construction. It is about preservation, restoration and renovation.

For the most part, I predominately began in 2006. Two years in, I had a recession that impacted my business for 5+ years. 

Sep 9, 15 5:31 pm  · 
 · 

No not really but there packet sniffers sniff every data packet and content  passing through the internet backbone. I through several key words that would flag the packet sniffer software in a previous post which could draw people to look at the posts.

NSA evidence counts because they are the GOVERNMENT. Inadmissibility does not apply to such clandestine agency with the God like power of the Department of Homeland Security. They transcend even the judges. They are statutorily ABOVE the law and untouchable. They have record keeping of all data that passes through the internet on super computers the size of the city of Los Angeles, California in underground desert facilities. 

Sep 9, 15 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Crack is Wack!

Sep 9, 15 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

This went full-retard quickly.

Sep 9, 15 6:34 pm  · 
 · 

You say so.

Sep 9, 15 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

I hear that this is one of the most heavily monitored sites that exist on the web...shitz like up there with the silk road and shit...

Sep 9, 15 8:09 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Jesus Christ this got insane. Now I kind of want to see some more of these political posts (especially after that whole Trump conversation). 

It would all be very funny if Richard wasn't actually such a tragic character. 

Sep 9, 15 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Placebeyond, it's a tragi-comedy.
Sep 9, 15 8:43 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
It's been said before, but Balkins is most likely to be the government agent on this site.
Sep 9, 15 8:51 pm  · 
 · 

LOL! 

We are now having fun, aren't we.  Don't be so serious. Have a smile.

Sep 9, 15 9:04 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

I'm leaning more toward autistic sex offender, but I see where you're coming from.

Sep 10, 15 1:09 am  · 
 · 

To placebeyondthesplines,

Are you kidding me?

I'm NOT a sex offender, ASSHOLE !!!!

Sep 10, 15 1:26 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Something something protest too much. Help me out Balkins, you master of poetry and prose.

Sep 10, 15 1:28 am  · 
 · 

How about.....

Sep 10, 15 1:33 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Goddamn you're adorable.

Sep 10, 15 1:37 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Is that an AIA pin?

Sep 10, 15 1:48 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

http://network.aia.org/academyofarchitectureforjustice/sectiondirectory/profile?UserKey=6a386a60-5901-4499-879b-e55415aba517

Interesting omission of the word "pending" from that UO credential.

Sep 10, 15 1:56 am  · 
 · 

It's the silver pin. The yellowish hue is just the camera and lighting environment. 

Sep 10, 15 2:39 am  · 
 · 

I didn't notice it. Corrected. Problems with importing from an earlier Linkedin profile which I corrected there. 

Sep 10, 15 2:42 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Oh Richard. I was making fun of you. The AIA pin is so very pathetic. I almost feel bad that you can be so profoundly stupid.

Sep 10, 15 3:20 am  · 
 · 

So damn what. Its a lapel pin. You don't have any value for the AIA. Fine. 

Sep 10, 15 3:45 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

How are you even qualified for Associate AIA membership? None of this applies to you.

"...currently work under the supervision of an architect; currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program (IDP) and working toward licensure; or faculty member in a university program in architecture"

Sep 10, 15 3:58 am  · 
 · 

I'm currently enrolled in IDP. I have an active NCARB Record #. I'm adding an architect to my business as a business partner in the near future. I would be getting IDP training hours and so forth.

Working towards licensure means working on IDP training hours. I should probably be speeding up on the hours reported but it doesn't necessarily require being an employee of an architect.

Sep 10, 15 4:06 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Oh right. In the near future.

Sep 10, 15 4:10 am  · 
 · 

Right. 

Sep 10, 15 5:25 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

This thread was supposed to be about an interior architecture major vs. a traditional architecture major for the benefit of a young questioner.

Sep 10, 15 9:56 am  · 
 · 
no_form
But it has yet again turned into a what should Dick do thread.
Sep 10, 15 10:28 am  · 
 · 
null pointer

dick just dicks around.

Sep 10, 15 10:40 am  · 
 · 
Aluminate

I appreciate those who still take time earnestly trying to help Richard, but Googling him is eye opening just for the sheer volume of excuses and how far back he's been at this.  It's got nothing to do with architecture really, he's been inflicting this attention-seeking, thread- and site-monopolizing behavior since long before he showed any interest in "building design".  The following is from 2003, in a thread about software - but you could replace "written software" with "designed buildings" and get a near-identical string of excuses and deflections to those he's posted here 12 years later:

"I written software - but many on disks that I do not have the equipment to put it on the web now or that they are in boxes not available at hand.  I'm pursuing an agreement it depends on others schedules which I can't LEGALLY discuss as now.

As for the college stuff - I'm not wasting my webspace with it, it does not reflect my professional abilities what I'm capable of professionally.

Right now, I am busy with enough other projects.  I have irons in the fires and committments and family commitments as such I cant not now just focus on this."

kjdt is probably right about it all being fear and anxiety based.  We can't fix that.

Sep 10, 15 11:34 am  · 
 · 
DeTwan

I really blame the problem on archinect itself. CNN use to have open forum discussions, same with msnbc, then they closed... bc of Richard. Richard has been banned from every forum he has ever joined, bouncing from one to the next as he is called out for being a self-absorbed troll constantly feeding his internet ego, and then eventually banned. Richard knows the word banned quite well...till he met good ole' archinect!

This site is one of the most peculiar sites that exist on the web for the pure hilarity and inane nonsense that is asked and discussed. Richard is a master of trolling and pushing his own agenda within this peculiarity, and he is slowly going to take over archinect, heck, it should be www.whatwouldricharddo?.com

As long as this website isn't over taken by Jihadist and isol characters, which Richard very well may be also!!!

Sep 10, 15 12:02 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

You cant really blame Richard, he's just doing what he does best

You don't ask a fish why it swims, or bird why it flies...

Sep 10, 15 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
"Fear is the path to the dark side...fear leads to anger...anger leads to hate...hate leads to suffering."--Yoda.

Balkins unfortunately has reached the suffering level.
Sep 10, 15 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

^^ That's discrimination against persons with disabilities

Sep 10, 15 12:23 pm  · 
 · 

DeTwan,

Actually, I have not been banned from every forum. There's a degree of actual exaggeration. A number of the Commodore community members aren't perfect examples of saints and mental stability.

Aluminate:

If you knew or know anything about Commodore equipment, Commodore floppy disks are not compatible with Windows ordinarily recognized file formats. Disks were on 5.25" floppy disks. In order to get those programs onto the internet, involves a bit more than just dragging the file icons onto the Windows hard drive and uploading the files. If you even think that, you would be horribly dead wrong and clearly demonstrate total lack of knowledge of Commodore 64/128 computers and the differences. 

Especially back at that time and I am referring to the options available then.

There are a few pathways to do the stuff. 

Option 1: Use a x1541 or similar cable and use some sort of PC transfer software. This is not something that typically comes with the computer and is more 'after-market' stuff that had variable quality of results. There is a number of factors that can make file transfer either work or not work. The purpose of these cables would often hook up the Commodore disk drives to the PC via COM port or Printer parallel port. This with software that drives the use of these ports a little different than conventional have been known to be a big IF and with advent of Windows XP and later NT based operating systems made this path very unlikely to work reliable in any way or form not to mention the problem of using an asynchronous serial port of a PC to communicate the Commodore serial bus protocol used by the disk drives that are sensitive to clock timing of the I/O. Variants also used the PC as a sort of hard drive connected this way.

Option 2: A more common method: Terminal Emulation and a minimal BBS software on the PC and connecting via a null modem connection. This was more reliable to work but file transfer speed are usually slow because BBS software tends to have a limited range of baud rate connection as well as the limitations of both computer's UART or equivalent. Although, I did have what was at the time one of the leading end UART cartridge that allowed higher baud rate connectivity than is normally able to be achieved with the C64/128 computer's CIA (MOS 6526) chips. Even then, the file transferring isn't necessarily going to max the baud rate connection because 1541 disk drives aren't known to be very fast in file retrieval and transferring the data. 

This isn't something I was interested in uploading to the web. In addition, would you place your computer programs on the web to the happy whims of a known software pirate? Think about that for a moment.

Don't forget, some of those folks were major software pirates that pirated video game software of Electronic Arts, Mastertronic, Epyx, Sierra, and many many other software company.

Some of those pirates were members of the software pirate group Eaglesoft Incorporated  as well as some other groups which the FBI had and may still have a warrant for their arrest. 

Give you a hint of some of the individuals in the Commodore community that still persists with continued involvement in Commodore community.

Sep 10, 15 2:52 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
Balkins is worried about 10 years old cad files not being good enough to show off. Yet he's still building a commodore. Lmao.
Sep 10, 15 3:53 pm  · 
 · 

rob_c,

That is not what I said. I had my Commodore equipment since the 1980s. Aluminate brought up that Commodore stuff in reference to a old post. Back in 2003, I wasn't interested in putting the files of computer programs I had written for the Commodore 64/128 back in 1980s and 1990s that were 10+ years old then. Why? Why would I want to go through 6 to 8 or so hours it may take to transfer all those files of just one onto the PC and then upload the files. 

If my disks have various forms of copy-protection schemes with parameters, it can be a real pain in the butt to transfer the files. I have to do additional time consuming steps which will likely require additional disks which I am kind of in short supply of. 

They have to be SS/SD or DS/SD or SD/DD or DS/DD soft-sectored 5.25" floppy disks. Hard Sector disks that are common in MS-DOS floppy disks just doesn't work well if at all added to the fact there is different recording methods. GCR on Commodore disks and MFM on IBM PC / MS-DOS disks.

Another 10 years later.... why in the damn world would I do that?

Sep 10, 15 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
"Lazy people are always busy."
Sep 10, 15 4:20 pm  · 
 · 

rob_c,

It's not a matter of lazy. It comes down to 'Why' and 'What desire or gain would I get in doing so?"

Sep 10, 15 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
no_form
You wouldn't get much. But that's equally true for 99% of what you do now.
Sep 10, 15 5:11 pm  · 
 · 
JBeaumont

Richard I don't think Aluminate was trying to make a point about Commodore software.  The point was that you've been playing the same game for your entire adult life:  claim expertise; dispense a lot of foolish advice and Wikipedery; whine about your career difficulties, fail to provide any evidence of your supposed expertise except your attainment of an associate degree from a school that couldn't even train you out of sentences beginning with "I seen"; keep promising to do things - whether post drawings, send out your resume, or finish software projects - that are always packed away somewhere not accessible right now;  blame your career problems on the economy, the state, the AIA, software pirates, stupid clients, your family, the history of Astoria, Islam, government conspiracy, high school girls, ramen noodles, dead people, and climate change; make every thread about your career issues; get plenty of good advice; dismiss all of it; repeat until banned from forum; find new forum...

Sep 10, 15 6:47 pm  · 
 · 

Okay, JBeaumont. Aluminate and you have a point there.

[ EOT ]

Sep 10, 15 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: