Archinect
anchor

Bitchin' headphones

Chili Davis

I grabbed a pair of Sennheiser HD435's and I must say they stomp a mud hole in the ass of my old Sony's. Not to mention they make my ears look red carpet worthy.

Apr 5, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

D-cells, none the less

Apr 5, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
fad gadget
http://www.turntablelab.com/production_tools/71/146/

you can trust what they sell. and if it looks like too many options you can call them and tell them what you are looking for, size, color, style, price, sound, how they fit on your head, and they will find it for you.

they are, totally bitchin'

Apr 5, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Picked up a pair of Shure e3c's last weekend, and I dunno, thinking about taking them back. For the price, they seem to be all middle and no hi's and weak lo's.......

Anybody wanna comment on these vs. comparable Etmyotics or Ultimate Ears, etc.???

Apr 5, 07 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
citizen4nr

Grado's. best open air cans, bar none.

Apr 5, 07 10:06 pm  · 
 · 
reveillette

shure makes awesome earphones. i have the ec3s ($179) and they sound amazing. low-profile because they're in-ear, and incredibly comfortable because they come with about 10 sets of sleeves in different sizes and materials. they block sound better than any noise-cancelling set i've ever tried (bose, phillips) plus, no batteries + easily transportable.

looks like they just released their next generation of earphones: the SE series

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/SEModels/index.htm

Apr 6, 07 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
kablakistan

I know they're not ear muffs, but I like these, they stay in really well, Sony MDR-ED21LP.
Even while running.

Apr 7, 07 10:11 am  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

I actually had one of these when I was in 9th grade. I'm kicking myself for haven gotten rid of it: Sony Budokan (Boodo Khan) Walkman (circa 1986)

Apr 7, 07 12:10 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

reveillette those SE series look a bit more promising. One thing I cant stand about the E3c's is the cord. SE looks to fix it.

Apr 7, 07 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
UrbanDesign

2 years later, and I'm writing to tell you my Triports actually sucked. When I first commented they were relatively new. The problem was their durability, they kept breaking! I wear/take my headphones everywhere so they have to be able to take a beating and still sound amazing.
I now have some Grado 125s. The sound quality is much more crisp than the Triports. Also they are simply made so they don't break, and if they do, it's really easy to fix. The triports had all these molded parts which ended up cracking on mine (had to send them back twice for different issues.)

Apr 8, 07 11:42 am  · 
 · 
ochona

in 1989 my dad bought a pair of sony studio monitor MDR-V6 headphones to go with his brand-new discman. he lent them to me in 1992 and i never gave them back. i discovered nirvana, smashing pumpkins, and unfortunately the crash test dummies through those headphones. in 1995 i accidentally sat on them...had to buy dad a new pair. i kept the old ones, taped them together, and wore them all the way through college. finally had to ditch them in 2001 when the tape wouldn't stick anymore. that year i bought another pair of $90 MDR-V6s at a DJ shop on clark st in chicago. i have been listening to them for the past six years.

i've listened to almost every single headphone listed above, and nothing matches the MDR-V6s. take a look at what DJs and studio producers wear.

no other headphone passes the mahler V test as well as the MDR-V6s. not for any amount of money.

Apr 8, 07 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

did you say something...

Apr 19, 07 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
charlatan

I have a TriPort, and they have more tape on them than plastic these days. The sound is good, but they are super breakable. If I weren't so cheap, I'd get a better pair of phones.

Apr 19, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

I ended up returning my e3C's and going with the Ultimate Ear's super.fi 5 Pro. Same price as the new Shure se310, but they sounded a bit better to me and fit x100 better. Maybe I just have really tiny ears, I dunno, even the smallest Shure tips worked their way out of my ear canal.

Anyways, for those living in LA and looking for IEM's check out DXC in Santa Monica-

Apr 19, 07 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
n_

R.I.P. My Beloved Headphones

12/25/2004 - 05/15/2007

"I'll never forget how you made me look like I was really busy all these years."

May 14, 07 8:04 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

Zap a Gap?

May 14, 07 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
zapagap

i have skullcandy ti and some sony mdr v700. i like them both, but i think the sonys are alittle better.

May 14, 07 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

mdler is rockin a pair of these...

powered through one of these...

Aug 17, 08 11:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: