Archinect
anchor

tolkin + associates

mdler
http://www.tolkinarchitecture.com

any info, employement stories, etc...

Jan 27, 05 12:45 pm
aeaa

checked the website. their projects range from really interesting/challenging to that project that no one wants to work on. how does a firm, which appears to be on the smaller end, have so much diversity in their manner of work? Their arts and religious portions look like fun.

watch out for yellow stairs!

Other than a quick look at the site I know nothing. that helped you out a ton huh mdler??

Jan 27, 05 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

HAVE YOU EVER HELPED ME OUT, AEAA

Jan 27, 05 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

I have a couple of friends that work there - they like it and have interesting projects to work on. From what I hear each person more or less works on their own projects - there are plusses an minuses to that situation... The office is casual and has a good atmosphere (from my brief visits) - they even have a vegetable garden in front. The location in Pasadena is nice as well.
On the other side I know someone who was working for herself, went to work for Tolkin and left again after a while - it wasn't for her but I don't know that it was the office necessarily, think she decided she preferred working for herself. I think she expected something more formal, if that says anything to you. It's a small firm but with larger projects...

Jan 27, 05 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

RUDOLPH,

DO THEY BUILD ANY OF THEIR OWN STUFF???

Jan 27, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
3ifs

looks pretty good to me... a lot better than working in my pennsylvania hell.

Jan 27, 05 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

You mean as design/build? Don't think so... they may do some development though. Not sure about the furniture - didn't know they did it until just now looking at the website.

Jan 27, 05 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

LOOKS NICE, SEEING HOW I COULD WALK TO WORK AND EAT GOOD THAI ALL DAY LONG

Jan 27, 05 3:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: