Archinect
anchor

epson 1280

melivt

is it ok to print on a paper with a good "tooth" or is this ill advised? i.e.-would it damage the printer heads.

Jan 26, 05 7:12 pm
pgb

I would assume that as long as the paper was not too thick you would be ok. I have gotten away with priting on pretty corse/ textured paper on mine. But then again, we all know what happens when we assume.

could you ask printer repair shop? or a print shop for that matter

PGB

Jan 26, 05 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

According to the epson website you can print on paper up to .27mm thick, which I know, is useless information. I've printed on fairly heavy printmaking type paper on a 1280 with no noticeable effect. I've also printed on braille paper, and some other odd media (large manilla envelopes) and it worked fine. If you're going to print on a 300lb watercolor paper, you might run a test sheet, and then print a couple of pages on regular paper, comparing quality to an earlier print of the same item to see if it has any noticeable effect.

I think you'll be fine.

Jan 26, 05 8:34 pm  · 
 · 
bigness

tomight i tried 2 sheets of 190 grams a3 (one on top of the other) and it went in just fine. i suppose you could get even thicker stuff in.

why is my called 1290? i guess is the sase as the us'1280. anyways, you'll be fine.

Jan 26, 05 11:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: