Archinect
anchor

job hunting time?

clxu

When to apply for job/internships in the summer? And also what to include in the submission package. I know some say work samples (do they mean portfolio (mulitpages, images, actual book)? And would I ever see my portfolio again.

I know its a general question but I am really trying to gain experience at a large firm like SOM, HOK, KPF. and I am interested in working in Asia. If you guys have any prior experience applying to such firms, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 24, 05 10:05 pm
A

Are you speaking of just a summer internship and then heading back to college in the fall? If so I highly doubt that a major firm would spend the $$ to send you to their Asian offices. It's higly expensive to expatriate an employee, especially one that is only working for 3 months.

As for applying, my rule of thumb in college was to set up interviews for spring break time so February was the month to be looking. Worked well for me and my friends.

Jan 25, 05 9:08 am  · 
 · 
clxu

Well I am welling to pay for the flight myself and I do have relatives living in asia so there wont be any relocation issue. Because I think SOM has an office in Shanghai. If they are interviewing in februrary should i be applying right now

Jan 25, 05 11:10 am  · 
 · 
J3

RTKL's Shanghai office. We currently have 10+ openings there. They are doing some of the firm's best work and are in need of people.
www.rtkl.com

Jan 25, 05 11:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: