Archinect
anchor

T-shirts / paypal

THE SUPERMARKET

i love the shirts!
i wanted to buy a couple.
i click to buy... i see the paypal logo.
no.
i cant buy with paypal... its a long story that involves an old email address and one of their policies.
is there any other method that you will accept for payment.
n01

Jan 24, 05 9:00 pm
J3

I know what you are talking about...fortunatelly I bought them prior to my current (really old) account expiring for not agreeing to their "new terms". I have 80+ days til it expires.

Jan 24, 05 9:34 pm  · 
 · 

you don't need a PayPal account to order t-shirts.

Jan 24, 05 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
A

What changed w/paypal? I used my account over x-mas but haven't heard anything about new terms. My acct dates back to 2000 or so.

Jan 25, 05 9:10 am  · 
 · 
J3

After reading through the new terms, I was not down with their "arbitration" clause and all of the loopholes protecting them and not me against fraud. Sure I have probably more chance in hitting the "Powerball" than anything happening on Paypal, but it's just personal choice.

Jan 25, 05 10:15 am  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

tell me how paul.
i add them to the cart.
i hit checkout.
i am brought to a paypal site that is asking for $$$.
-n

Jan 25, 05 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
e

me too.

Jan 25, 05 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

add to cart, checkout, and on left the option is given to use credit card through a secure checkout and does not require a paypal account...it states on the site i just tried it....

Jan 25, 05 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

thanks for the beta homie!
n

Jan 25, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
e

thx beta. i am notorious for not being able to see what is right in front of me. i'll go get my tee now.

Jan 25, 05 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

i have been running firefox on an old machine while mine is in the shop.
and i didnt get the page you were talking about so i opened in internet explorer and i now see what you are talking about.
firefox wont show the page you need to see to buy without using paypal!
n

Jan 25, 05 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

sorry, it still goes through paypal.
even after clicking on credit card through secure checkout rather than paypal. boo

Jan 25, 05 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
e

same with me. am i missing something. i select size and click on add to cart. a new window pops up that takes me to paypal. i see no link before or after adding to cart allowing me to use a credit card. ???

Jan 25, 05 1:28 pm  · 
 · 
THE SUPERMARKET

what browser are you using?

Jan 25, 05 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
e

i tried ie5.2 and safari.

Jan 25, 05 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
e

so i just bought i tee via a firefox browser. the info that was presented to me was certainly different than when using ie or safari. after hitting "secure checkout" in ie and safari, it just took me to a page with a log in area and a link for users who do not have a pay pal account. upon clicking on that link, it takes me to a page that asks for my shipping address. it is very unclear at this point of whether i am giving my shipping address to set up a pay pal account or whether it is for use with a credit card. there is no info to clarify this.

when i use firefox and i click on secure checkout it takes me to a much different looking page and is as beta described in his above post.

not sure what's happening here. paul, not sure if being on a mac has anything to do with this. just glad i figured it out and got my tee.

Jan 25, 05 9:14 pm  · 
 · 

let me clarify - when i said that you don't need a PayPal account to order t-shirts, i meant that you don't need to hold an account with PayPal to order a shirt using PayPal. PayPal is currently the only method that we use for selling the t-shirts.

e - we use mostly mac/firefox over here as our configuration of choice. we've beta tested the checkout process with other platforms and browsers and haven't noticed any differences. i'm unsure what happened differently on your end. anyway, if you placed your order tonight, your shirt will be in the mail tomorrow. hope you like it, and thanks for buying one!

Jan 25, 05 9:45 pm  · 
 · 
e

paul, not sure why the pages look different either. if you want, i can email you screen shots so that you can see the diff. just lemme know. thanks again. i know i'll like it.

Jan 26, 05 12:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: