Archinect
anchor

percent need to be occupied for HVAC and plumbing, elec.?

yesyes

For a highrise building in tropic area like Florida, what is the good percentage for HAVC, plumbing elec. these kinds of shaft area in a typical floor? Can I guess 3% to 5%?

Jan 22, 05 7:12 pm
mmm3

depends on your mechanicals and number of them. are you water heaters gas/electric? - electric do not need a vent, hvac units can vent to rear or roof depending on type and %, kitchen vents might be able to be ventless (check local code), bathrooms i believe are always to roof, w/d can be to rear if less than 30' run (check local code... blah blah blah... But if you have to start somewhere without knowing this information always make them bigger then you think. It's allot easier to scale them down.

Jan 24, 05 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
Organic9

No, you can't guess, unless you are in schematic design phase, and only if you have defined the type of HVAC system, you are intending to use. Then it should be an educated guess, based on your past experience, on similar projects. If you do not have this experience, contact a Mechanical engineer.

Jan 25, 05 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
yesyes

I got some answers from AGS student version:

Air handling equipment rooms
Equipment Rm Space requirements:

CFM Range Recommended rm dimension
1000-1800 12'-6"x9'-0"(H)x18'-9"
6000-7000 18'-6"x9'-6"(H)x22'-3"

I guess the above will give me an estimate about the HVAC Equipment room on each floor? That CFM range is for each room the HVAC will service, right?

Jan 26, 05 9:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: