Archinect
anchor

Penguin for Rhino

Hasselhoff

Does anyone have experience with Penguin for Rhino? I was looking in a book today about non-photorealistic renderings and they look really cool (I'm not sure what software they used in the book). You can get that D+S look. I downloaded the evaluation version of Penguin, but it doesn't include a help feature. Can you give me some recommendations if you used it? I like the gritty look.

Jan 21, 05 8:38 pm
zacm

just curioius, what is the name of this book

Jan 21, 05 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
Raj Patel

PenGUIn isnt aweful but theres some better options kicking around for max like final toon and illustrate. they give you a bit more control.

Jan 22, 05 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I don't remember the name of the book sorry. I was just cruising around in the library and came across it and it made me remember Penguin. You'll obivously need to do a lot of work to get a good look, but the Penguin site shows some pretty good looking 'handlike' drawings rendered from Rhino. We don't draw anything by hand at school, but I love that look, so it could be a good tool to merge the two styles. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I'm not familiar with Max yet though. We've been using just Rhino.

Jan 22, 05 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Raj Patel

Well have a look at the stuff that FinalToon (aka Final Render) will do. so far that's my choice for a NPR renderer.

Jan 22, 05 3:27 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: