Archinect
anchor

wide angle digital camera

history

Hello...
any good advice on the best high-res digital cameras with wide angle for architecture photgraphy?

or any other suggestions.

price range around $500 would be cool

greatly appreciate your feedback, thanks
H

Jan 13, 05 12:03 am
Per Corell

Hi
The solution is a digital camara with panorama function, there are programs that stitch the individual frames perfectly you can also do a 360 deg panorama.

P.C.

Jan 13, 05 6:24 am  · 
 · 
RNNR

careful with that one - from my experiences panorama software hasn't quite perfected stitching, you're likely to get some strange overlapping. as far as wide angle lenses are concerned, many consumer end models have accessory wide angle converters, some by the manufacturer, some by a third party. i would suggest buying the best camera you can afford and finding a lens adapter.

Jan 13, 05 7:21 am  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

over the summer i bought a fujifilm s7000- it came w/ a wide angle lens attachment and a whole bunch of other crazy options-i payed $800 all said and done. but you could get the same camera for $500 or less minus all the crazy ass options. havent had any problems with it-i love it

Jan 13, 05 7:50 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi

RNNR ; "carefull with that one" ------- True with hand held camera , but not when controlled ,please consider what you get with a wide angle versus a well stitched wide picture. The wide angle picture will change the perspective where a stitched one will show everything correctly , things will look to be in the right distance where the wide angle will show things incorrect in perspective.
P.C.

Jan 13, 05 8:06 am  · 
 · 
trace™

Nikon 5400

PC Mag just gave it one of the best cameras of the year (and one of the best tehcnologies) due to the wide angle (the widest sold).

It's pretty cheap. I've seen them online for about $300-$350. I've got a Nikon 5000 (same body, older model) and love it.

http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?id=nkcp5400

Jan 13, 05 9:21 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
Just want to add that it's increadible what happen in that arear, that's what I payed for my 2.1 Mp Olympus years ago --- still that one make a 4Mb Tiff top solution , guess the avaible Mp make stitching obsolute.

Jan 13, 05 9:39 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

forget about that....

Sony sells wide angle attachment lens for about $60-80 for all mavica and lens'ed cybershots.

Mine works like a dream. The one I had for the mavica though could only work in manual mode.

Jan 13, 05 10:15 am  · 
 · 
ARCHITKD

Canon g5 powershot. It is great and you can buy any lens attachment for it. 5 mp. Had it for a year now, and no problems yet

Jan 13, 05 11:38 am  · 
 · 
Dazed and Confused

I got a Nikon 5400 on Ebay for under 300. It was hard as hell to figure out (that is I still haven't) - but takes great pictures.

Olympus 5060 might even be better, but costs a bit more.

Jan 13, 05 11:56 am  · 
 · 
melivt

careful with the wide angle on a digital...

i don't know how other digital slr's work,

but my nikon d100 doesn't work well with wide angle lens.
the actual wide angle i get is 1.5 times the lens' angle. (actually, all lenses are like this)
so if it is a 12mm, my camera reads it as an 18mm.

kinda sucks, but the wide angle works really well with my ancient fm2n.

Jan 13, 05 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
fakeid

best digicam review site i've come across.. specs.. samples.. reviews.. everything.. choices are there.. you decide..

http://www.steves-digicams.com/

Jan 13, 05 1:01 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: