Archinect
anchor

Is moving between branches an easy/common thing?

thompson's gazelle

For those of you who work at US offices with international branches or other international firms with US branches, is it a common thing to move between branches? I'm currently working in Korea, and trying to look for ways to relocate myself back to the US within two years. I know that the economy is bad and the competition for a H1B visa is worse, so am thinking about getting into an Asian or European branch first, and then moving back to the states.

I have both undergrad and graduate degrees from well known US schools, and have little trouble communicating in English. Don't know if this is a plus or not getting a job outside of US while I don't speak any third language. I hope I can work for three years or so in a different country and eventually apply for a US visa and make my way back. I know it's much less of a hassle to get a working visa for other countries, but do people ever make it to a US branch? For me, this is the most sensible way to land myself in the states, since I'm not thinking about getting another degree. How easy/difficult is this usually? Also any suggestions on better alternatives will be greatly appreciated.   

Apr 29, 15 9:39 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: