Archinect
anchor

Master in Urban Design - BARTLETT, COLUMBIA, MCGILL?

Sofi-

Hello everyone, 

I am an Architect and Urbanist having graduated in Brazil and was accepted for a Master degree in Urban Design at McGill, Bartlett and Columbia . I would like to work both with design and research in the field, from small scale to large scale projects, engaging in a peopled approach to the built environment. 

In terms of job opportunities in each city and research in the field, and based on the curriculum and focus of the different schools mentioned above, could anyone comment on the pros and cons of these programs? 

They are :

- MArch urban Design and Housing - MCGILL

- MSAUD Columbia

- Urban Design and City Planning - Bartlett

Thanks! 

Apr 28, 15 5:25 pm
Hugoistique

you’re in a great position, those are excellent schools. I might be biased but I think being in New York is unparalleled for anyone who wants to study urbanism, it’s almost a laboratory of urban issues. The course focuses on urban issues, geography, social interactions, and macro & micro regional issues. I’m not too aware about Mgills and Bartlett´s program, I imagine Bartletts program is more theoretical and research based. There’s been some great discussions on other threads regarding Columbia; have a look:

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/69730531/columbia-gsapp-vs-pratt-for-m-s-architecture-and-urban-design

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/69761913/columbia-msaud-2013

I can’t believe your considering UK schools, and have looked at the AA…. ;)

Have a look at LSE cities program, I think by far that’s the most interesting school to study urban and city design in the UK.

Apr 29, 15 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Go to Columbia. Columbia grads are basically the foot soldiers of DCP here in NYC.

And they're pretty good at what they do.

Apr 29, 15 7:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: