Archinect
anchor

House in Snoop's new video

Kai

anyone know who its by? I think the song is called something like "let's get blown"

Jan 10, 05 10:46 am
archiphreak

i know the video and the house you're talking about. can't remember who designed it, but it has been featured in more movies/videos and tv specials than just about any other i have seen. it's in cali, hollywood i believe, or maybe malibu...anyone else know?

Jan 10, 05 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

i think i also saw the house in Lusty Coeds Volume 34....
...i mean in a few other movies...
...that i didnt see but read about..

..i mean i dont even have a TV.

and is that song another Snoop and Neptunes collabo? that last drop it like its hot was nice.

Jan 10, 05 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
Devil Dog

could you post a pic?

Jan 10, 05 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
Lucas Reames

It's the Goldstein Residence by John Lautner.

Jan 10, 05 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
silverlake

home of jackie treehorn in the big lebowski...

Jan 10, 05 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

i was almost too busy watchin all the fine dime pizzles that i almost didnt see that house. but that sliding glass corner and the ceiling structure are P-I-M-P.

Jan 10, 05 11:55 pm  · 
 · 
rutger

John Lautner supposedly had an unlimited budget (!) for this house

Jan 11, 05 7:33 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

i think that is true...and just outside that glass wall is the pool which incidentally is under the bed that snoop is lying on the the vid...water runs through most of the public spaces...has to be one of the most amazing houses in history...

Jan 11, 05 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
Evan Geisler
check it
Jan 12, 05 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
Suture

Nice link Evan. Thanks.

Now who said gangster rappers didnt have good taste?

Jan 12, 05 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
dia

And of course, The Big Lebowski...

Jan 12, 05 10:30 pm  · 
 · 
Evan Geisler

for copycat- does this help?

Jan 13, 05 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
.ml

Talking about charlies's angels. Anybody knows the house from which window drew is pushed to fall?

Jan 14, 05 7:03 am  · 
 · 
greg.org

Isn't it Lautner's Chemosphere house, which was also featured in such films as Body Double and the Simpsons episode where Troy McClure marries Selma?

Jan 31, 05 11:14 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

.ml, I thought it was the Goldstein Residence also... they could have used the lower level for lucy liu's house, and the upper level for the window where drew was pushed. the upper level really looks like the scene when that happened to me.

Jan 31, 05 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

who was the architect who did "the dude's" apartment? it's a really powerful space and that rug real pulls the room together. peace

Jan 31, 05 5:40 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: