Archinect
anchor

M.Arch Decision. USC vs SCI-Arch

DanutB

Hi Guys! I could really use some advice here. 

I am an international student with a Bachelor of Architecture(6 year program). I applied to some M.Arch programs and I got accepted into USC M.Arch I with Advanced Standing and SCI-Arch M.Arch II. 

I was thinking I should go to SCI-Arch since an M.Arch II program would be a better fit for me considering my previous education. However, I am more into the conservative, real world kind of architecture and I feel like their futuristic, out-of-this-world designs might be too much for me. I am quite enthusiastic about a more innovative, different aproach than what I've learned so far, but I don't want to end up feeling like I'm in the wrong place. 

On the other hand, I heared that USC School of Architecture provides a more down to earth education that actually prepares you for the real world. Not to mention that you can make great connections within the Trojan family and you might be able to get a job faster. Another advantage for me would be the fact that USC is a great university and I could live on campus, be close to everything I need and all the facilities they have. However, their M.Arch program is open for students with any educational background and I feel like I might be "over qualified" with my 6 year B.Arch.

Is an M.Arch II degree really gonna help me get a better paid job than an M.Arch I. I really need some help to make this decision. Please let me know what you think. 

Thanks!  

Mar 29, 15 9:52 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: