Archinect
anchor

i live very close to taliesin west

swisscardlite

is there any privilege in that? how famous is taliesin west?

(i'm in high school. i don't have much interest in Frank lloyd wright)

Jan 3, 05 6:38 pm
JG

Sure, Taliesin is one of Wright's most famous works and was his school for a long time (not sure what happens there now). If your interested in architecture then I suggest you study it and Wright. Living next door to this seminal work would provide you with access and insight that many of us who admire this work cannot get.

Jan 3, 05 6:42 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I grew up ten minutes from it, in Scottsdale, but never went to see it until I was 6 years out of arch school - pathetic and lazy am I.

Go see it, it is very worthwhile. If you know anyone who plays the piano, take them on the tour. There is a piano/concert room and if anyone will volunteer the tour guides will let someone play so everyone can hear the acoustics.

Jan 3, 05 11:18 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

i actually went on the tour. . .and i knew how to play the piano.

guess what? i played on the piano =)

Jan 4, 05 1:46 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

well, there is some merit in that, but you should drive farther down scottsdale road and see the SMOCA by will bruder, or go to seventh ave. in downtown phx and visit the burton barr library.

check out these projects

http://www.asu.edu/caed/SOA/architecture/SOAContext.htm

and these guys

www.architekton.com

Jan 4, 05 2:22 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

uh, scroll to the bottom of the page for the first one

Jan 4, 05 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: