Archinect
anchor

For those of us plagued with M.Arch decisions...

video_killed

http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice#t-205421

This was comforting to me. Though it hasn't quite stopped me from agonizing over my endless pros and cons lists...

Mar 7, 15 6:21 pm
archhopeful

Neat! What's the pro/con list looking like?

Mar 7, 15 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
ShouldIgotoRISD

Hey thanks for sharing this! It was a good watch. This won't help with your decision making but if you like this talk you might like the book "Steal Like an Artist." There's a section that talks about restrictions and how it's important for creative practice.

Thinking back to what you posted on the thread I started, it's hard to realize this but remember that you cannot make a bad decision here! Both places seem like great decisions. Don't forget that it's an amazing feat just to get into these schools, and even more impressive that two schools with what seems to be very differing programs both want you. To me this means that you have a diverse skill set, and will become a well rounded architect no matter where you go. I say follow your heart and pick the school that you can see yourself being happier in. When faced with so many pros and cons, it might be easier to see if your gut feeling is telling you anything. I agree that the going to the open houses are a great idea. As you saw I'm going through this myself!  

A while back I participated in an online architecture college fair, and there was a talk by someone who does admissions at an architecture school (I don't remember which one). Something that resonated with me is that she reminded us that this is not the most important decision we will ever make :)

Mar 7, 15 10:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: