Archinect
anchor

Who Uses Archinect?

arewhyyoukayoh

soon to be 36yo, female, born in us to two immigrant parents.
k-12 in los angeles
ba and ma in studio art from a small liberal arts college in st.paul, mn
and a very, very large university in nyc,ny, respectively.
interior design certificate pending.

check out archinect whenever i get an email in my inbox. really
like the school blog project; i still think about enrolling in an
architecture program. i usually check out the news and events section.
browse through the salary poll section to see what kind of jobs are
out there.
subscribe to architectural record, recieve dwell (i really like)
through moca membership, subscribe to kcrw and occasionally tune in to frances anderton's program. however, mainly listen to the news on npr. oh and i almost forgot, i found out about archinect in dwell magazine. so, i remember the pimpin' architecture site...

Jan 13, 05 10:21 pm  · 
 · 
kendogg

27 y.o. working for a corporate firm in SF.

been browsing archinect since 1999, didn't register til 2 years ago tho.
i check out the discussions, altho in the early years there were more 'animated' debates. i think it was grown more mature with a better interface, but i still like the old logo (pimpin' architecture since '97). the links have always been helpful and the image galleries are a great way to keep up with what's out there.

Jan 14, 05 1:11 am  · 
 · 
palavras da arquitectura

Hey!

I'm an architecture student from Portugal and i discovered this site about 2 months ago, i visit it regularly to see the news and i use to search the link zone for new reaches :)

Jan 14, 05 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
anti

24 male
landscape architect currently working in china

have been using archinect for roughly 3 years, best source of fresh architecture related news ive found

when I was in the office full time I would spend at least 1 hour on the site, now im freelancing and it has fallen to a couple hours a week...much easier to surf on someone elses time than your own dollar.

Jan 17, 05 12:59 am  · 
 · 
e909

- Yourself (without revealing your identity) -- I live.
Ok, now you'll guess my name right away. ! ! Brad Pitt? What? I'm much more handsome. Guess again, but curtail your insulting insinuations, please.

LA design genius. But might I need to cure all forms of cancer and invent a time machine to push my resume to the top of the stack?

- Your Patterns of Archinect-Use -- erratic, spastic.

- Why You Visit -- hoping to get a clue.
And to flex the mirthful regions of my brain. But, I apologize if you sometimes suffer the occasional inadvertent gaze upon the buttcrack of my brain. :)

Feb 8, 05 2:17 am  · 
 · 
raymond

male
freelance architect
ethnic chinese
filipino
bs arch university of the philippines

i enjoy reading the school blog, discussion forums, and the news (almost every day)

always good to know what is happening elsewhere in the world

Feb 8, 05 6:53 am  · 
 · 
christos

I both work as a Job Captain at a firm in Pasadena and am enrolled in a fully accredited bachelor of architecture program at Cal Poly in California. It's a mixture of both the realities of real-world practice and the whip cream fantasy we are allowed to enjoy while designing in school. Wish me luck.

Mar 10, 05 11:04 am  · 
 · 
natnatG

21 male Korean.
junior BSAS in U Illinois U-C.
been visiting this site since about 3 months ago, to keep being updated, ask academic stuff to experienced people.

the school blogs are awesome!

Mar 10, 05 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
siggers

22 year old scottish student of architecture at Strathclyde University, born to Icelandic parents.

found the site somehow, not sure, but very happy i did.

Mar 10, 05 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
French

31 year old 3d renderer, French.
a Master of Architecture and a French diploma of architecture.
Started working as an independent renderer since out of school, a while ago.
I discovered archinect in 98' when I was in the US for school. I've became addicted immediatly, and I come here everyday several times a day when I'm at work (most of the time helas) either to check the news, read articles or procrastinate in the forum. Like trace, I have a lot of time to fill up while the computer renders.

Mar 10, 05 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
fairchildmj

26 year old male, entering M. Arch program this year

I found archinect while researching schools online and have been checking in daily/hourly since...browsing more often than posting.

Mar 10, 05 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
Smokety Mc Smoke Smoke

33-yr old, male Mexican-American
BA, History of Science, Northwestern University
JD, The George Washington University Law School
MA (Urban Planning), University of California (Los Angeles)
I will begin advanced research in architecture history/theory next year

I go to Archinect because I'm curious about other people's interests inside and outside the profession.

I've been on archinect for only a couple of weeks

Mar 10, 05 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
lennon

20 yr old korean male
sophomore at Swarthmore (Poli Sci & Art)
why not? haha

Mar 11, 05 6:17 pm  · 
 · 
Nancy

22 yr old female.
Will be receiving B of arch in may, planning on attending grad school.
Only been on archinect for couple of months, but it's totally the bomb. Great resource for finding information, new architecture / proposals, love the discussion threads and all the juicy details. I check the site daily.

Mar 11, 05 7:12 pm  · 
 · 
swisscardlite

16 year old junior

Phoenix, Arizona

contemplating on architecture-Barch
maybe a little early-would like to work in both china and the us sometime in the future

archinect helps me know more about architecture and architects

Mar 11, 05 7:15 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

29 year old male in Chicago working for medium sized design - build construction company. Was turned on to archinect while working through IDP internship at large Chicago architecture firms. Now I'm spreading the love to my coworkers in production at Construction outfit. Archinect is glue. Strong stuff.

Mar 11, 05 7:51 pm  · 
 · 
Cloutier

I'm a 20 year old doing my b.arch at the University of Montreal.

i just happened to wander onto this site today... but i doubt itll be the last time! i can feel the start of a brand new addiction....

Mar 12, 05 7:38 pm  · 
 · 
Q

25 year old female, 1st year arch. student in CA.

Just started visiting the site a month ago. I use it for insight to the study and profession of architecture and to keep up to date with news etc. Also, great distraction from my work load!

Mar 13, 05 3:34 am  · 
 · 
bigness

23 years old italian (with an half english mother)

1st year diploma (that's your march1) in UK

bumped into archinect about 1 year ago, while looking for an interesting Architecture forum. found it, stuck to it

Mar 13, 05 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
lizok

I'm a fourth year undergraduate at UC Berkeley. My current major is Psychology, but I am applying for a M. Arch next winter.

I love arch. b/c it is undeniably the most interactive form of art, and it's impact on the surrounding world and on the people that it touches is basically inevitable.

So, i am using archinect as a resource to get an idea of what people are doing in the field, and how to go about finding am internship position with NO Arch experience.

Mar 13, 05 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

not me

Mar 13, 05 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
Cleophus James

I'm a mid 70's retired baptist minister. I liked to draw stuff.

Mar 14, 05 8:11 am  · 
 · 
higgsARCH

I'm a 23 year old designer,
bsas-UW-Milwaukee
work for a small firm (4 of us)just outside milwaukee
i really like the discussions here

Mar 14, 05 11:11 am  · 
 · 
VanWinkle

'm a 23 year old designer,
bsas-UW-Milwaukee
work for a small firm (4 of us)just outside milwaukee
i really like the discussions here

Mar 17, 05 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
oe
Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that due to budget setbacks and low demand, spring has been cancelled. We hope to return all seasons to thier regular rotation as soon as is meteorologically possible, and in the mean time you are welcome to sample birds chirping, buds budding, and may flowers in small sealed plastic packets. Sorry for the inconvenience. Amen,
Mar 17, 05 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
Magnus Hierta

Because Archinect has been "pimpin' architecture since '97"

Check it: http://web.archive.org/web/19981111184323/http://archinect.com/

Mar 17, 05 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
google uses archinect
Sep 30, 06 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
n_

23/female

b. of arts in architecture - planning to go to grad school in the next two years. honestly, i feel that i am a horrible designer but i've got the ideas.

i work at a very corporate firm. very corporate.

i used to work in shanghai. it was nuts. very nuts.

i just check out the forum so that i can find my life partner to settle down with and raise 2.4 kids.

ps. i am fairly sarcastic.

Sep 30, 06 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
punky_brewster

36/male/
b.arch/m.arch
married w/children

senior designer
corporate

usually drop in @ night when kids are put to bed, read the news
first, then image gallery, then discussion, then jobs.

it's really the only archi-centric place to just soak in architecture without a new EIFS system being shoved down your throat, or a perfume ad nauseating you when you flip a page.
it is always current, and the young folk blogging and discussing naivly is very refreshing for a haggard vet.
it keeps me archi-young.

Oct 1, 06 1:39 am  · 
 · 

- Yourself (without revealing your identity)
27 year old graduate student at the GSD
In my first year, but the second of the MArch program.
Part-time advocate for design that innovatively engages environmental systems.
Born and raised in Bogotá, Colombia (till 12) and then moved to the mean streets of Miami till i joined the military then the rest of the US (TX, CA, SD, OK, OH, FL, NM, MA). So I am in that category that people in the United States call Latino, Hispanic, etc...
Married and no children (yet).

- Your Patterns of Archinect-Use
I check it a few times a day, makes me feel like I am connected to the larger world. I have been checking it since about 2003, but back then I did it just to read the news and quickly take a browse, didn't start posting until mid to late 2005. I have noticed that the amounts of time I check archinect are clearly linked to the posts, so the more I post=the more I check=the more I post....

- Why You Visit
Makes me connected to the larger world of design, to exchange ideas and information, and sometimes just to chill...

Oct 1, 06 8:45 am  · 
 · 
Hasselhoff

I think it's safe to say that at 2 years, the original poster is finished with his research project.

Oct 1, 06 10:13 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

but enquiring minds want to know...

Oct 1, 06 10:55 am  · 
 · 

thats what happens when you respond to threads without looking at the original date...

Oct 1, 06 11:22 am  · 
 · 
BLK

24 male, eastern europe [3 moths till entering eu],
working as an intern [to get my license-] and triig to leave the country.

discovered archinect about 1.5 years
visit 1.3 times a day for forums, links, now mostly for chg, ...

Oct 1, 06 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
impalajunkie

24 year old male, BArch from Virginia Tech, 1.5 years out of school, working as a field superintendant for the contracting side of a design/build firm. Learning much much more by being on site all the time than anything I did in the office. I havent touched AutoCAD in a long time.

I like archinect because its the most active and interesting forum for people that are interested in and work in the same field I'm in. Its very comprehensive, it has allowed me to meet people in other cities who take me on architectural tours when I pass through. Love it.

Visit once or twice every other day, I don't have much free time.

Oct 1, 06 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
dilemar

26 years old, B.Arch, 2years out of school. Single w/o children

Started archinect about a year ago by accident. A pleasant accident.
Everyday during the workdays, but not during company time. I have morals unlike some. At least once in the weekends

Discussions, images, jobs... news last when I get around to it.
What I love about archinect is that the users varie from student to principals of archi firms. With each discussion you can read about various point of view.
Hooray for Archinect

Oct 1, 06 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

dudes, why do you keep posting to this thread? It's almost two years old (as Hasselhoff pointed out).

Oct 1, 06 9:17 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

On the other hand, maybe we should keep it going - looks more like an online dating "personals" thread! Maybe we should hook it up to this.

Oct 1, 06 9:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: