Archinect
anchor

Boulder CO

Jefferson

Any of you ever lived there? How is it?
Most importantly, are there any good architecture firms there?

I'm big into outdoor sports and figure I would love Boulder. How is the weather? (ie. does it get unbearably cold for much of Dec, Jan, Feb, March? How is the cost of living? How is the quality of living?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thx

Dec 27, 04 6:42 pm
Jefferson

No one? Is there no architecture in Boulder?

Dec 28, 04 1:44 pm  · 
 · 
norm

there is architecture everywhere.
but if you are moving to boulder it's for the lifestyle.
accept it - and go.

Dec 28, 04 1:54 pm  · 
 · 
Jefferson

but does anyone know a firm there doing GOOD work, not just buildings....

Dec 28, 04 5:21 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

Maybe not be so narrow in your focus! I agree with norm if that's the place you want to move to then do it and seek out the Architecture available.

Dec 28, 04 6:05 pm  · 
 · 
Bula

Pricy ritzy hippy college town...with a great backyard. You will probably end up working in Denver.

Dec 28, 04 7:08 pm  · 
 · 
SPYDER01

Moving to the area this summer, can anyone familiar with the area please update this thread.. thx

May 13, 09 3:09 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

spyder, no offense, but you have proven why the search function is an essential component to Archinect. it's not the bumping of every thread, but it's the fact there are so many threads about Colorado, that could have all been jammed into one thread.

i have nothing on Colorado, but i hear it's nice.

May 13, 09 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

obviously zilch jobs, but awesome summer to be had.

May 13, 09 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

I like Denver better, but depends on how much $$ you have. It is a college town, keep in mind.

Architecture? I am sure there is some, but I am not aware of it. I'd encourage you to check out areas in Denver before deciding.

May 13, 09 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

trout fishing in america

piss on the greenies...from Colorado who want to catch all the Trout in Wyoming. My thoughts totally on Boulder!

Take in the Denver Livestock Show...and see if you really want to live in Colorado.

May 13, 09 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

That's not Denver, which is predominately made up of 30-40 yr old professionals

May 14, 09 8:42 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: