Archinect
anchor

printing on paper thats already been printed on...

spiderdad

i printed out a large sheet with a faded background on it...

i missed out on some text. does anyone know if it would be okay for me to print on the same sheet and just add stuff to it...

i know it would be fine, if the area i was printing on was blank but it's not. the faded background image is for the whole sheet...so it already has a layer of ink on it (inkjet printer used), and i dont know if this would get affected...

anyone??

Dec 27, 04 5:23 pm
Pimp Minister Pete Nice

yes, often it will be a slight offset when you re-print. Since you already messed it up wouldn't hurt to print it anyways.

Dec 27, 04 9:19 pm  · 
 · 
MMatt

If you're doing this in Photoshop or something similar, couldn't you just turn the layer your faded background image is on and print the file with just the text on?

If not, remember that your background image will be colored slightly off because of the second layer of ink, even if the alignment is perfect. Have your printed anything else, loaded any paper, or adjusted your paper tray at all since you printed the first sheet? If so, your paper will likely be aligned slightly differently the second time you print.

Hope this helps.

.mm

Dec 27, 04 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
infernocp

I agreee with matt, you should try to use the same sheet but just print the area that you missed before. If the layers are already merged and you just need to add text. Add a new layer, add the text where you want it on that layer, and then turn off the other layer and print.

Dec 28, 04 4:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: