Archinect
anchor

The name of the book club for buying cheap arch. books?

yesyes

Do anyone know any good book club in USA/canada where I can buy cheaper arch. books?

Dec 26, 04 2:30 pm
threshold

I buy books used from Amazon.com. If you are in Providence there is a bookstore called Symposium on Westminister Street that sells close-outs, damaged, overstock... for about 40% off cover price.

Hmmm... I just checked and they now have a website you can order from.

I was in the shop just last week and they had a growing (great) architecure section. I picked up a "Carlo Scarpa Intervening with History" book for $19 and a book on Jean Prouve for $5!

Dec 26, 04 2:59 pm  · 
 · 
Christopher Connock

Chop Suey Books - in my hometown, Richmond,Va - is pretty rad and always has a nice selection.

Chop Suey Books

You can search their inventory online and then use an order form if you are not a local (slightly more oldschool than amazon.com)

Dec 26, 04 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

bookfinder.com

is a pretty good search tool. It searches the major online sites and gives you a rundown on the prices.

I've also found some great Architecture books at HalfPriceBooks.

Dec 26, 04 10:13 pm  · 
 · 
db

nevermind -- thought that link was it (the one I used to get a flyer for once in a while at the office) but it's not -- sorry ---

Dec 27, 04 9:27 am  · 
 · 
threshold

db,

I think this is the link you were going for.

Dec 27, 04 10:01 am  · 
 · 
yesyes

Thanks. Guys. But most of the posts is about the online bookstore. I once was told by my colleague that she used to order books from a book club in canada. They charge $1 for "Interior Graphic standard".

Dec 27, 04 11:40 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: