Archinect
anchor

scale people/furniture

le bossman

are there any manufacturers who offer people or furniture at ARCHITECTURAL scales? i'm constructing a model for a client, and they are requesting interior detail including furniture; probably 1/4" scale.

Dec 24, 04 6:40 pm
infernocp

My suggestion is to check a model train store. They have EVERYTHING to sclae. I'm not sure about furniture, but I know they have people to scale.

Dec 24, 04 6:46 pm  · 
 · 
c.k.
http://www.microformmodels.com

they have all kinds of people, furniture and trees
see their catalog

Dec 24, 04 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

yeah but the model train scales run different from the architectural scales. HO is 1:87, and the major ones tend to multiply by 2 or 1/2 from there.

Dec 24, 04 8:23 pm  · 
 · 
ge-ril-a

there is a good model railway store in l.a

and when i was there i saw the guy who played arnold from different strokes!

freakin crazy

Dec 27, 04 9:48 am  · 
 · 
rutger

For metric scales...
schulcz

Dec 27, 04 11:56 am  · 
 · 

according to the microformmodels webpage, you can use railroad model "O" scale for your 1/4" work, so that may be your best option.

Dec 27, 04 12:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

hmm...thanks Dr. Pixel. although i'm not entirely sure what the rational is behing HO (1:87) being the same as 1:27.

Dec 27, 04 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

1:120 i mean

Dec 27, 04 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

I guess thats the closest architectural/engineering scale they could match to the HO scale? got me on that one...

Dec 27, 04 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
marketfair

HO Scale is equivalent to 1/8" : 1'

Dec 27, 04 6:21 pm  · 
 · 
marketfair

This might help:

http://www.plastruct.com/Pages/ConversionTables.html

Dec 27, 04 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
LFLH

"O" scale = 1:43, whereas 1/4" scale = 1:48
This difference isn't very important for things like trees, though it is noticeable in cars, furniture and people.

Dec 28, 04 6:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: