Archinect
anchor

Other design professions

mtnjohn

Does architecture relate to other design elements? Such as a table in a room or a magazine on the table? Should architcts work with other design professionals or what ever happens after the thing is built is another story?

Dec 23, 04 1:08 pm
spaghetti

yes, yes, sometimes

Dec 23, 04 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
JG

mtn, Yes, sometimes. Architects like FLW or Mies would not stop with the design of the building. They would often times design the furniture, silverware, and to some extent the "lifestyle" of the occupants (see Farnsworth house). Other architects like Deborah Berke and Otto Steidle purposfully leave things empty or unfinished so that the end user will fill it up and thus express themselves instead of the architects personallity. I think most of however fall somewhere in bewteen. It's a question of control and knowing when to say "enough".

Dec 23, 04 1:46 pm  · 
 · 
mtnjohn

the question isn't weather a architect can design everything it is weather she/he should or wants to work with other designers

Dec 23, 04 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
JG

I don't know what your asking. Of course we have to work with other designers, wheter you want to is a personal choice I suppose.

Dec 23, 04 3:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: