Archinect
anchor

practical daily work: sth small like stair need to be taken care of

jlxarchitect

When I were doing a hotel typical floor plan, I found one of my egress stair Didn't looks right. Its shape is not a rectangular, but an odd shape because of the site constraint, at that time I think this might be ok. It seemed I was following the functionality and I was doing the right thing.

On the next day, I found Gerry's floor plan for The Princeton science building and LA symphony. What I found is very interesting. No matter how complicated his plan and section is, his stair is always in simple shape!

At that time, I suddenly realized that I need to improve the layout of my stair. The simple layout of a stair can provide the clear orientation to the building and safety to the occupants. I can make some other things fancy, but don't put too much in the fundmental elements, like stair, columns grid.

This reminds me a daily WORK in a company might just take care of sth small like a stair. But it is still worth of effort on it.

Do you have similar story like this?

Dec 22, 04 9:40 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: