Archinect
anchor

sewing machines

sewing machines. i want to spend around 100 bucks. anyone have good experience with a particular model? minimum features, etc. thanks!

Dec 22, 04 12:51 pm
Doug Johnston

i bought a cheap one at sears last year and though i dont use it all the time its been really great. it was $80... its a kenmore. It has about 6 different stitches and as long as you change the size of the needle, its strong enough to sew thick canvas, vinyl, etc. The website shows a higher price now, i guess it was on sale when i bought it last year... here it is the one i got is a pale blue, not white. I noticed that target has some sewing machines for decent prices too. I haven't had a need for more features than this has, but i am not doing "textbook" sewing, just dabbling and having fun. Oh and if you are just starting i also recommend going to a bookstore or library to read a very rudimentary sewing machine how-to book. I thought my machine was broken for a week until i read the basics and learned that i was doing it wrong.

Dec 22, 04 1:29 pm  · 
 · 
Doug Johnston

oh i also highly recommend investing in a good pair of scissors (expect to pay at least $20) and a set of thicker needles.

Dec 22, 04 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
vongkothts

singer.

Dec 22, 04 9:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: